Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Airgunbbs update

Great old version! but new problem.

Stayed away until today when the old was due to return.
    Great to be using the old but enough moans and groans have probably been said already.
    Only thing is I can navigate to everything except Collectable airguns and for me it's my main interest here.

I just get this

The requested URL /forum/collectable-airguns was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Rebooted lap top already so any other clues?
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

I'm so happy again .....

I like this version !

Thank you .

Well it seems reverting back has been well received!!!!!! Must confess I am happy too But like everyone on here i just want to say thanks to the people who make it happen, respect to you
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

style issue

I also have an issue but with the style.

I decided to try other styles & selected the top one, it's changed but there's now no "select style" link to change it further just an empty box with an arrow that doesn't open any list, & I really don't like the style it's now in.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    Stayed away until today when the old was due to return.
    Great to be using the old but enough moans and groans have probably been said already.
    Only thing is I can navigate to everything except Collectable airguns and for me it's my main interest here.

I just get this

The requested URL /forum/collectable-airguns was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Rebooted lap top already so any other clues?
    Have you tried a [ctrl]+refresh page when you get the 404 error?

Quote Originally Posted by niloc View Post
    Have you tried a [ctrl]+refresh page when you get the 404 error?
    Clear the browser cache. Or try the above on the page linking you, not the actual page.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I also have an issue but with the style.

I decided to try other styles & selected the top one, it's changed but there's now no "select style" link to change it further just an empty box with an arrow that doesn't open any list, & I really don't like the style it's now in.
    Settings -> General Settings.

You ought to be able to change it back from there.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Clear the browser cache. Or try the above on the page linking you, not the actual page.
    Had tried both already but tried clearing browser again and must have missed something first time because this time I followed a different path and sorted!
    Thanks all.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Happy days

When it first changed I thought I had broken the IPad and was caught by the son having a potty mouth shouting fit at the Mac thing I being in no way shape or form a geek or more like thick really.

The son explained that Daddy did not need a new IPad (bummer) and it was a soft ware change.

What ever it was I'm glad it's back to normal thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Honestly, Martin - It's a kind thought, but personally it's not something I'd accept. It's something I'm proud to do as a volunteer. : )
    I thought you may say something like that but just wanted you to know the efforts are appreciated, if nothing else, any donations could be given to charity
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Thumbs up

now lightning fast .

Many thanks to the admin guys for all their efforts back and forth, however, similar to many others who have expressed their preference for the 'older' format, I'm really pleased to see it being re-instated,albeit with any little 'tweaks' that were required.

It's like being re-united with a much valued old friend. Thanks again, Graeme😎

Well done

Mmmm...shame all the frustration and efforts behind the scenes to update the forum in keeping with advancement of features.

But, I must say I find the "old" Forum more pleasing to navigate and easier on the eye, nice to have it back really.

Only one complaint if I may, please can we have the Collectable Section deservedly higher up in the Forum menu of ranking, just like it was in the new version? As these were real air rifles made of good ol' British steel and real wood.

Best regards to all......