Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Airgunbbs update

Old forum back, apart from Non Airgun

As above, all forums & sub forums appear to be OK but non airgun gives me:-

"Not Found

The requested URL /forum/general/non-airgun-related was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

There are 11 members viewing and someone posted about 5 minutes ago, bt I'm out in the cold!

Help please?

Edit: Clicking on the last post, "peaceful", brings up that thread OK, but that one is on members only.
    Last edited by derekm; 11-11-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Cool I can get onto bbs again ,)
    Thanks for sorting

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    As above, all forums & sub forums appear to be OK but non airgun gives me:-

"Not Found

The requested URL /forum/general/non-airgun-related was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

There are 11 members viewing and someone posted about 5 minutes ago, bt I'm out in the cold!

Help please?

Doesn't look like the right url. Could be some cache left over from the recent trip to crapsville.

It should be http://www.airgunbbs.com/forumdispla...airgun-related

Try going to your settings and clearing your browser cache.

OR doing a CTRL R

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    There is already a thread with a similar theme, title something like "Gratuities"
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

That's got it!

Thank you.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

good

thats better if it aint broke dont fix it nice to have you back

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    First of all, I hope this doesn't break any rules, if it does, just delete the thread, I won't be offended

I thought it may be nice for members to make a contribution, no upper or lower limt, to a fund the Admins and Mods could perhaps have a few beers to commerate all the hard work they put into this

Any exces could then be distributed to charities, H4H, Marie Curie or whoever they see fit to give to

I guess we'd need BT details as I don't have Paypal and you could identify your contribution with your ID as payment reference

What do people think ?
    Honestly, Martin - It's a kind thought, but personally it's not something I'd accept. It's something I'm proud to do as a volunteer. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    There is already a thread with a similar theme, title something like "Gratuities"
    No there wasn't: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....s-just-a-dream
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 11-11-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jack russel View Post
    thats better if it aint broke dont fix it nice to have you back
    it was not broken .it was pre emptive maintenance

The care and servicing by personnel for the purpose of maintaining equipment in satisfactory operating condition by providing for systematic inspection, detection, and correction of incipient failures either before they occur or before they develop into major defects.

it did not work on this occasion though.

or i may be wrong. only JSR and bullbarrel can confirm.

pics

am i the only one who cannot put pics on this forum. with the new style it was a doddle but now it seems i am back to square 1.

Unhappy

It's a shame the newer version was so uber slow and jittery as being able to post pics direct was a massive plus!!

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

SWAT Strachan is online now I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me...
    It's good to see the BBS back to it's original format, but I have a little issue with the Non-Airgun section, in that apparently it doesn't exist. Every time I click the link I get a 404, but I can see that people can still access it and are still posting in it. I've tried logging out and back in, clearing cookies and all that jazz, but I still can't see that section.
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Strachan View Post
    It's good to see the BBS back to it's original format, but I have a little issue with the Non-Airgun section, in that apparently it doesn't exist. Every time I click the link I get a 404, but I can see that people can still access it and are still posting in it. I've tried logging out and back in, clearing cookies and all that jazz, but I still can't see that section.
    Clear your browser cache. Seems you are seeing an image of the dark side and its weakening your force and taking you to bad places

Or try a CTRL of the home page.

SWAT Strachan is online now I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me...
    Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Clear your browser cache. Seems you are seeing an image of the dark side and its weakening your force and taking you to bad places

Or try a CTRL of the home page.
    Tried all those, got nothing, but I did find a setting in Opera that I haven't seen before in other browsers and that's the option to clear "Third-party services data". Not sure what it does, but it worked .
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

I'd all but given up on the BBS as the new site was so slow. Thank goodness things are back to normal.

A classic example of it ain't broke....

John

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Great to have it back to how it was. so much better for us old guys. but l did manage to get around the new setup in the end but l still didn't like it very much. many thanks for all the effort that the guys who tryed to make the new one work.