Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW77 v TX200

HW77 v TX200

I was wondering which one was better? I know I should do a search but I couldn't be bothered to trawl through all the threads...

lionel,

Neither one is 'better'

It all depends on what you would prefer, what purpose you are going to use it for - as rifle choices are highly personal.

For me, I prefer the TX200, others the HW77.

Out of the box, they shoot very similarly, handle similarly, cock similarly etc.

Handle & shoot some examples yourself, and see which you like.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Neither, I'd go for a SMK B2

Then you might be bothered to invest a little time into. Research!

I'm a greedy bugger and have both. I have a beech TX200 Mark3 and the HW77 which i've just bought in the green laminate. They are both superb springers to be honest and if someone said I had to get rid of one of them I would be hard pushed to choose. I would say the TX is ever so slightly smoother (cocking action etc) than the HW77. The weight of both rifles is similar and the balance of both is beautiful. I mainly have been using the HW77 on open sights for plinking but is equally at home scoped up out in the field. As far as accuracy and power goes again there is nothing in it. One advantage of the TX is the fact that it is a lot quicker to strip and change/replace parts than the HW77. Some people will be Air arms biased and some Weihrauch but the long and short of it is they are both equally outstanding. I would be interested to know what you go for!!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Theoben Eliminator is best, you that...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

TX200 has a better stock, slimmer, better positioned pistol grip so you are not over reaching for the trigger. I think Weihrauch made their stocks with German lumberjacks with hands like shovels in mind

John.
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by lionel View Post
    I was wondering which one was better? I know I should do a search but I couldn't be bothered to trawl through all the threads...
    I like the 77 but the TX has a ABT a rotating piston/central TP and a proper cocking shoe also IMO better looking

Quote Originally Posted by lionel View Post
    I was wondering which one was better?
    Ahhhh, everything is back to normal on the BBS

I think I might start a .177 v's .22 debate for old times sake

This is just the sort of thread we needed to welcome back the old bobs format

Oh, and it's TX because it's British and more advanced internals
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

The 77 has open sights which is a huge bonus if that's what you're into

I think Lionel is pulling your wire. He knows that the answer is 'neither'. The best is a Theoben Fenman in .20 which is the best legal limit self contained general purpose air rifle ever made.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Out the two personally I prefer the TX as feels better in use. Yes I have used both including the 97 plus B40 and still have the TX and B40
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Tricky one !
    I use a .22 HW 77 V-Mach 25mm cylinder and a Fettled .22 TX200HC both left hand stocked.
    And I can't split them.
    They both sport a Bushnel Legend 5-15x40AO scope on one piece Sportsmatch mounts.
    BUT I have a thing currently about 32mm scopes so I'm about to mount a terrific little Vortex Diamondback 2-8x32HP BDC turrets on the TX in an effort to lighten it, alter the balance and generally take full adventage of its Carbine design.
    I reckon choice of scope can affect much of what we experiance in forming an opinion as to what or how an airgun perforns.

Should add for what its worth, before the Bushie Legends, I had Simmo Pro Airs on both air rifles.
    “An airgun or two”………

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I think Lionel is pulling your wire. He knows that the answer is 'neither'. The best is a Theoben Fenman in .20 which is the best legal limit self contained general purpose air rifle ever made.
    Then that will be next on my list Nick.....

Cheers

Steve

I have a beautiful 25mm 77k in .22 and a TX 200 mk2 in .22, personally I prefer the 77, just seems nicer to shoot and bang on accurate