Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW77 v TX200

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I have a beautiful 25mm 77k in .22 and a TX 200 mk2 in .22, personally I prefer the 77, just seems nicer to shoot and bang on accurate
    Get yer drift Dave, my 77 has a rare left handed factory stock and it sort of appeals to me big time.
    I love the TX though because of its chunkiness and it has a really dark walnut L/H stock which also appeals.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I think Lionel is pulling your wire. He knows that the answer is 'neither'. The best is a Theoben Fenman in .20 which is the best legal limit self contained general purpose air rifle ever made.
    Quite right Nick

I have a '92 TX200 (were they ever called a MK1?) and an HW77 which I have not bothered to get a date for but it must be a similar age. Both are silly accurate and easy to hit the target with but the TX is my favorite, it seems a bit smoother, both to cock and to shoot. I get the impression that one gun is a copy of the other, could be wrong.
    The HW stock seems bland and bulky which makes the gun seem heavy and I don't enjoy the cocking lever catch as it seems fiddly and a bit to painful on the end of the digit to use for long. Does anyone know how to make it easier. Not rusted or tight, just small and difficult.
    Aged eyes so I struggle to use open sights now. Both guns have brilliant triggers; I say that because I have two 1960's BSAs!

Quote Originally Posted by Halimede View Post
    I have a '92 TX200 (were they ever called a MK1?) and an HW77 which I have not bothered to get a date for but it must be a similar age. Both are silly accurate and easy to hit the target with but the TX is my favorite, it seems a bit smoother, both to cock and to shoot. I get the impression that one gun is a copy of the other, could be wrong.
    The HW stock seems bland and bulky which makes the gun seem heavy and I don't enjoy the cocking lever catch as it seems fiddly and a bit to painful on the end of the digit to use for long. Does anyone know how to make it easier. Not rusted or tight, just small and difficult.
    Aged eyes so I struggle to use open sights now. Both guns have brilliant triggers; I say that because I have two 1960's BSAs!
    you are correct. the tx is a copy of the hw. hence hw record trigger from hw and then the cd trigger from air arms. (play on words cd,s are a step up from records)

Red face re

He's gone lads

I would go for a tuned HW77 all day long.

Dave.

TX for me. The ergonomics of the stock and trigger position alone is far better than a 77 or 97 come to that.

German stock design is very much in the dark ages where the stock of the TX has the feel of a custom stock.

Tx is better finished and has a better internal design, hence walther copying the rotating piston.
    B.A.S.C. member