Thread: Walther R8 Rotex Varmint for HFT

Walther R8 Rotex Varmint for HFT

Dear all,

I'm looking for alternatives for my HFT rifle and that synthetic thumb hole stocked Walther R8 Varmint looks very interesting to me.
    Pro's would be its handling, accuracy, shot count, some sort of regulator already fitted (as claimed but not yet substantiated) and not too light weight.
    Only, the trigger is not very easy to adjust / improve, I was told. Not many further con's, it seems.

Is there any HFT use of this rifle coming up in the UK or elsewhere ?
    Any ideas would be very welcome.

TIA,
    Hendrick

If it fits thats half the battle. If it doesnt your making work for yourdlself.

It would not be my first choice of rifle but as I said...if it fits then it is a contender. HFT is better with a single shot adapter and not sure if the R8 offers this. A mag is useable but its an additional faff.

My HFT rifle and hunting riflemis one and the same .... an HW100 with a few mods....alloy cylinder and an adjustable butt and cheek piece. I love the fit and the ergonomics and the SSA is untoucha le for HFT and the 14 shot rotary mags are the same out in the field.

I have had others but then100 is the rifle I go back to.

I have shot a rotex on the bench and didnt like it personally but thats the point...its personal.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill