Thread: Steyr Hunting 5 pellet test

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Steyr Hunting 5 pellet test

I've been meaning to post this for some time.
    Test results from my Steyr H5 .177

Shot on a windless day at 20 meters from a full bench rest (Deben type with front and back hold) These are all show with a moderator fitted with the exception of a second set of JSB 4.52 (as stated)

A number of the targets show tearing damage, this was due to the target holder failing and the pellets 'spraying' back into the card.
    The targets are in no real order, Webley Accupel came out far ahead. Interesting the Defiant M put performed the H&N Sniper as they're supposedly the same pellet though a visual inspection shows the new H&N ones are a notably lower quality.

Best for plinking so far are Eley Wasp as they're the cheapest on the list at just £2.79 for 500 and have spectacular performance for the price.
    I've been searching for a good lead free pellet and so far none come close to the lead ones.

1. JSB Exact 4.53 | RWS Geko | SMK BS45 Black Dome

2. AGS Elite PPA Domed | RWS Super H Point | BSA Elite

3. Webley Mosquito Express | H&N Sniper Light | RWS Hyperdome

4. RWS Hobby | JSB Exact 4.52 (Silencer) | JSB Exact 4.52 (No Silencer)

5. Defiant M| H&N FTT Green| H&N Exite Dynamic

6. Eley Wasp(new)| Bisley Magnum | H&N FTT

7. H&N Barracuda Match Extra Heavy | Daystate Select | RWS Superdome(hole in 3 ring is an exit not a hit)

8. RWS Superfield | Air Arms Diablo Field | HW F&T Special

9. Old Crossman Accupel | Daystate Kaiser | Webley Accupel

Skenco Blue Arrow This is just for the laughs, It's by far the worst pellet I've ever purchased, including some dubious copper washed ones that came in a loose bag for £2

Edit: Proton Zinc are now the worst pellet, they leave plastic fibres in the barrel which require a wire brush and solvents to remove. Not used them on my H5 after the time it took to clean my Mk4 from the first test.
    Last edited by Solvo; 19-10-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Fixed image links