Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back pack / Back rest

Back pack / Back rest

l was talking with my shooting friend last night, on the way home from a good evenings shooting, l said that l wished someone would make a back pack / rucksask that doulbled as a back rest, for when l am hiding waiting for the rabbits ect' to come out. you cant always find a comfortable tree to lean against and sitting unsupported for any length of time is painful due to a lower back injury. My mate said that he was sure that he had read about such a thing but cant remember where or when.
    Would any of the informed and knowlegdable members on here know of such a back pack and if so , where l might get one, how much they are and if they are any good.

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    Your mate might have read a product review that I wrote for Gun Mart magazine last year. It's called a Pack Lounger, and it is worn like a conventional rucksack. There's a drop down seat pad that is normally held underneath by a couple of quick-release clips; when you want to sit down, release the clips and grasp the strap that falls down between your legs. As you sit down, you sit on the pad, with your back against the rucksack. It's really comfortable, and you could sit on it for hours if needed, and it is big enough for tons of gear and bunnies. It's great if you've got a dodgy back like me. Norman Clark the gunsmith in Rugby sells them for £48, and his number is 01788 579 651. There might even be a photo of one on his website, not sure of the address, but Google him and it'll come up.

Thank you Graham2. l wasnt sure if my mate was right but it did sound like to good an idea for someone not to have made them.

Graham2. l just googled him but cant find a web site, any ideas what the web site address would be.

according to his listing on yell.com there is no website listed
    If I miss with the air rifle then there's always the shotgun as backup or now perhaps the .22 rimfire

backpk&seat

hi gary gamo do nice backpack seat with backrest i paid£25 can pick em up for £15 angling shps. garrygun.

Just looked on the Norman Clark and Gamo websites and couldnt find any listing for backpacks of any kind, there is a fishing shop near me , l will go ask them if they know of these backpacks

Last edited by kiriak; 12-09-2005 at 11:54 PM.
    After all that is said and done - More is said, than done!

Gamo Backpack/seat here
    http://www.gamo.com/?ID=53&ProductID=185
    regards Rob
    If I miss with the air rifle then there's always the shotgun as backup or now perhaps the .22 rimfire

l have had no luck finding these backpacks locally. But l have contacted Norman Clark and they have them, in 2 camo patterns for £56. lf anyone can think of anywhere else l can try it would be appreciated.
    And a BIG THANK YOU for the help so far

Go here https://www.angelsport.de/cgi-bin/askari.storefront/EN then type in the search section 81365 similar pattern to DPM.They are £12.95 + £4.95 for p+p if you spend under £100.They take about 4 days to deliver.But if I was you I would get their catalogue as some of there fishing rod bags can double as rifle slips have a look at 90631 this could hold 3 seperate rifles.Steve

what about this back rest/seat?

# Fully padded with fold out wipe clean padded flap, accessory pocket on back, webbing carrying handles.
    # Ideal stalking/seat/

karl
    Last edited by karlgixer; 13-09-2005 at 08:51 PM.
    ???????? .22.
    suzuki gsx 1400.

Quote Originally Posted by miroku800
    Gamo Backpack/seat here
    http://www.gamo.com/?ID=53&ProductID=185
    regards Rob
    F uck me!! they look a bit poncy!!!!!!!! Do you get free pipe and zip-front slippers with that?
    After all that is said and done - More is said, than done!

They may look poncy but they make sitting waiting for ages not only possible but comfortable