Thread: It's coming, Christmas !

It's coming, Christmas !

This year, my 7 year old granson has said he would like, from Father Christmas, an air rifle. He's a big lad for 7 and has never held an air rifle before. Any recommendations for a springer ?

HW30s without question...

Good lad

I agree - HW30.

All of the above.

Agreed, HW30S.

Or, maybe (if the price hasn't shot up again recently), the junior Diana rifles - 240, Eleven etc.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Im not going to knock the HW30 or airguns for junior i been there with my niece
    However there is a limited opportunity for NERF !!!! and thats while there 7 and grandpa can still move
    and its full auto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He had that when he was 5. Great fun with a capital F
    Always think if the ' Not the nine o'clock news' team had done a spoof clip from Predator, the bit where the Gatling gun in the jungle, using Nerf. Would of been great !

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I think the HW30 will be too big, even for a large 7 year old. And don't get the Hw25 as the trigger is garbage.

I looked a while ago and ended up ditching the springer idea, getting a cheap chinese PCP (about £120 secondhand) and shortening the stock. That's still working out well.. A ratchcatcher with shortened stock might also work.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I think the HW30 will be too big, even for a large 7 year old. And don't get the Hw25 as the trigger is garbage.

I looked a while ago and ended up ditching the springer idea, getting a cheap chinese PCP (about £120 secondhand) and shortening the stock. That's still working out well.. A ratchcatcher with shortened stock might also work.
    A mate of mine did this with a s200. He chopped off the rear of the stock (close to the buttpad) to shorten it but kept the offcut. He put the offcut back on when his lad got to 11 or 12.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    A mate of mine did this with a s200. He chopped off the rear of the stock (close to the buttpad) to shorten it but kept the offcut. He put the offcut back on when his lad got to 11 or 12.
    if going for a springer then its easy to buy a used stock via here or eblag . cut the used stock and keep the new original stock for when they are older .

i know people that buy a enduro motorbike and change the body panels for cheaper aftermarket ones and keep the new ones fo when they sell the bike later in the year or year after .

Maybe a 30 or one of the smaller Dianas as said above but he needs to be able to handle it.

Other than that, a 2250xl should do him well. My youngest has had one years and still uses it and will never sell it.

If it was me I'd go 2250xl.
    B.A.S.C. member

Baikal izh61.
    Good fun and adjustable. No fingers in breaches either.
    Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016