Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B.A.R - Venom 45

Venom 45

Advert sent. The picture of the 80 Stock is Steve Popes own I believe and he is going to restore his old 80 he used back in the day to go in to it. Mach 1.5

I wan't going to post this......

But I've been stewing and seething all morning.

Not a happy teddy bear this morning. I had a phone call from BAR just after 9 0 clock, saying that the venom 45 was already sold. Call me a cynic, but I think there is something not all together right going on here. I paid for the gun on the internet, and the payment was accepted. Surely if the gun had already sold, their system wouldn't have allowed me to pay for it again? As soon as I had paid for it, it promptly disappeared from the website. Why didn't this happen when the buyer that beat me to it bought it? Has anyone else had this happen? Alternatively, and this is what is going around my head and won't go away: did they realise that they had priced it too cheaply, so told me it was already sold and promptly refunded my payment? Not making any accusations of such a thing actually happening, just considering the possibility. It can't have been a customer in the shop buying it, because it was after closing time. I shall be keeping my eyes on their website for it reappearing at a much higher price.

One thing is for sure, they have lost any further business I may have had with them.

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    But I've been stewing and seething all morning.

Not a happy teddy bear this morning. I had a phone call from BAR just after 9 0 clock, saying that the venom 45 was already sold. Call me a cynic, but I think there is something not all together right going on here. I paid for the gun on the internet, and the payment was accepted. Surely if the gun had already sold, their system wouldn't have allowed me to pay for it again? As soon as I had paid for it, it promptly disappeared from the website. Why didn't this happen when the buyer that beat me to it bought it? Has anyone else had this happen? Alternatively, and this is what is going around my head and won't go away: did they realise that they had priced it too cheaply, so told me it was already sold and promptly refunded my payment? Not making any accusations of such a thing actually happening, just considering the possibility. It can't have been a customer in the shop buying it, because it was after closing time. I shall be keeping my eyes on their website for it reappearing at a much higher price.

One thing is for sure, they have lost any further business I may have had with them.
    There is no conspiracy , another customer bought it before you .

Copy and pasted from the page you were buying from: Please Note these items are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
    If you wish to purchase an item, add it to your shopping cart and complete your online order as directed.
    If the item is no longer available we will refund your payment.

Our website does not automatically delete second hand items that have been sold. We do it manually , usually the next day. I'm sorry you lost out but you don't need to stew or seethe any more

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    There is no conspiracy , another customer bought it before you .

Copy and pasted from the page you were buying from: Please Note these items are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
    If you wish to purchase an item, add it to your shopping cart and complete your online order as directed.
    If the item is no longer available we will refund your payment.

Our website does not automatically delete second hand items that have been sold. We do it manually , usually the next day. I'm sorry you lost out but you don't need to stew or seethe any more
    Fair enough Lloyd, I'll just have to accept that won't I? It just seems strange that it was for sale on the website and as soon as I paid for it, it went off the website immediately, not the next day. It was also out of shop hours, so I imagine no one was there to take it of the website manually, but off it went as soon as I completed payment. So naturally, I thought it had automatically been taken off. I'm sure you can appreciate my point of view. If it's of any consolation, I wouldn't have sold a venom 45 for £150 either. Hope the buyer enjoys his bargain.

I can understand your disappointment- I would be too. It does explain the ordering process on the site and, while may not be a the best system (with items seemingly being ordered by two or more customers), it does come down to who's quickest off the mark.
    If it was priced correctly, there is a very lucky buyer out there.

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    Fair enough Lloyd, I'll just have to accept that won't I? It just seems strange that it was for sale on the website and as soon as I paid for it, it went off the website immediately, not the next day. It was also out of shop hours, so I imagine no one was there to take it of the website manually, but off it went as soon as I completed payment. So naturally, I thought it had automatically been taken off. I'm sure you can appreciate my point of view. If it's of any consolation, I wouldn't have sold a venom 45 for £150 either. Hope the buyer enjoys his bargain.
    I honestly can't remember what time I took it off , but I do a lot of things out of hours now as the shops quite busy . I was answering Facebook messages at 12.30 last night, much to the disapproval of the better half . Unfortunately the timing was simply a coincidence . As for the price, I made a mistake and priced it wrong but I'm human , I mess up occasionally . Regards

Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I can understand your disappointment- I would be too. It does explain the ordering process on the site and, while may not be a the best system (with items seemingly being ordered by two or more customers), it does come down to who's quickest off the mark.
    If it was priced correctly, there is a very lucky buyer out there.
    Correct, not the best system but our website is quite old. We are working a new design which will alleviate this issue. Bare with us

Well, all my questions have been answered I think. I shall be a gentleman and leave it at that and everyone else can come to their own conclusions.