Thread: Hw 44 pistol

Hw 44 pistol

Hi any one got a hw44 any thoughts on it

I would love one of these but seriously put off by the price of it to be honest.

A bit steep on the price

My view on the Hw44 is that it's too expensive for plinking, which is what I use pistols for (and my rifles to be honest), and no good for target shooting. I've been racking my brains trying to figure out the point of it to be honest. It's not even a looker. If I want to plink, I'll get out a Tempest, if I want fast fire fun, I have a Sig. If I wanted an accurate multishot pistol, I'd buy a CP1. I genuinely do not understand the point of it, other than as a technical excercise. Saying that, I'm sure they'll sell thousands of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartcliffer View Post
    My view on the Hw44 is that it's too expensive for plinking, which is what I use pistols for (and my rifles to be honest), and no good for target shooting. I've been racking my brains trying to figure out the point of it to be honest. It's not even a looker. If I want to plink, I'll get out a Tempest, if I want fast fire fun, I have a Sig. If I wanted an accurate multishot pistol, I'd buy a CP1. I genuinely do not understand the point of it, other than as a technical excercise. Saying that, I'm sure they'll sell thousands of them.
    Doesn't sound like they have sold that many to members on here

I've figured it out, but you'll have to bear with me on this...

About five years ago, what got me back into shooting was my brother taking me on a clay shoot for my birthday. We loved it, and soon decided to go for our certificates. Naturally, being new to the sport, we bought what we could afford at the time, him a Beretta A391, me a Fabarm Gamma. As we grew into it, and enjoyed it more, we both upgraded, to a SV10 (him) and a B525 (me). To us, this was good enough, as they were the right kind of price (£1500). The more we went, the more guns we saw. Others like us were using the same value guns, maybe a 686 or so on, and those who were outstanding were using the high end gear, such as a Blaser F3, a Krieghoff or a Perrazzi. But then we saw another type. The same kind of people, using the same kind of guns. Middle managers, all who had gone shooting once on a team building excercise, all with Ceasar Guerinis. The type of people who spend a load of money on something as a status symbol, the kind who say "my gun cost more than yours, I take it more seriously". And that is the kind of person the Hw44 is aimed at. A serious shooter would go for a Steyr or FWB, a plinker the CP1. But the middle manager? He now has the Hw44.

Of course, I could be wrong, but the simarities are there.

What category does it fit in? Plinker? Sporting? Match?

Ive had a few shots with one and while up to the usual HW standards I cant think what it would be used for and its very expensive.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

There appears to be a long waiting list for UK orders.
    So there must be a few customers ?

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    There appears to be a long waiting list for UK orders.
    So there must be a few customers ?
    Or a low production rate.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, pistols are either fun plinkers (why spend more than say £200) or target guns (no real £ limit, but the HW isn't a target pistol).

A crosman 600 is way more fun for way less money... as is an HW45...

All I can think of is pistol HFT.. I used to use a Falcon 8".. but that's a very niche market, and something like a CP1, (or a £200 falcon) is plenty good enough
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.