Thread: Paper punching at 25 yards

Roodles is offline Stellen sie Fragen über Fragen

Paper punching at 25 yards

I previously owned a CP88, kind of regret selling it now... Although I have been out of airgun shooting for 10+ years, been shooting FAC stuff.

Anywhoo I am now looking for a decent pistol capable of accurate shooting in my to-be-built backgarden range, at say 25 yards.

What are your recommendations?

My criteria in order of importance:

Accuracy
    Durability (e.g. against wind / rain... I guess this will be a matter of FPS and calibre?)
    Consistency (If I see verticle stringing, I want to know it's my fault, leaving no room to doubt my tool / co2 charge )
    Ease of use (I'm guessing if I have to pump the gun 10 times between each shot, my arm is going to quickly get tired which will affect my accuracy)

Ideas please

Cheers,
    Roodles

Co2, springer or pca/pcp?

Roodles is offline Stellen sie Fragen über Fragen
    Well having previously used co2, that might be ok, I just can't remember how much the velocties will vary between shots. This will be relatively slow, aimed shots, not rapid plinking.

So having had a poke around the internet, I was thinking either crosman 2240 or HW45 might fit the ticket?

Cheers
    roodles

The Chinese made CP1 isn't bad at all. Nice long barrel and accurate with good consistency. The SMK "Victory" ones are better made than some others. I have one in .177 and one in .25, but they do a .22 as well. An aftermarket spring guide and hat and a minor trigger mod really improve the basic design.

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    The Chinese made CP1 isn't bad at all. Nice long barrel and accurate with good consistency. The SMK "Victory" ones are better made than some others. I have one in .177 and one in .25, but they do a .22 as well. An aftermarket spring guide and hat and a minor trigger mod really improve the basic design.
    Don't suppose you know where to get the upgraded guide and hat?

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    Don't suppose you know where to get the upgraded guide and hat?
    Certainly do: http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org....?f=108&t=47629 A guy called jonti does them at a very reasonable price!

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Certainly do: http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org....?f=108&t=47629 A guy called jonti does them at a very reasonable price!
    Brilliant, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    Brilliant, cheers
    No probs mate, the sets come with fitting instructions and are dead easy to fit. Jonti is a great bloke.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I'd definitely go for the CP1. I regularly use mine to shoot at 20 yards on PL12 targets, and it puts up a decent performance at that range. Mine's a .22. One 12g bulb is good for 40 shots, and that will keep them all in the 8 ring for me (If I was a better shot, that could be a 9 ring group). Many more than 40 though and it starts to drop out of the black.
    The grip shape though, is awful. I modified mine so that it could be held by a human.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/147194...posted-public/
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.