Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JSB Exact Express Pellets.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

JSB Exact Express Pellets.

After having much success with the above pellets in ,177 cal. in a few of my spring guns, I'm wondering how they behave in .22 Cal. ?
    Anyone out there using them in their springers ?
    “An airgun or two”………

I use them in 177 in my hw100 and daystate mk4 and get really good groups at 40 yrs good pellets

I havnt shot competitions with them but my experience in .22 is that they are just like the .177 version better than anything else.

I use them in .22

The JSB variants in general give the best groups in my guns and the Express is practically the perfect weight for 12fpe .22 and generally give the most power/velocity as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    I use them in .22

The JSB variants in general give the best groups in my guns and the Express is practically the perfect weight for 12fpe .22 and generally give the most power/velocity as well.
    What fps are you getting

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    In .177 they have out performed Exacts so its possible they may do the same in .22 ?
    RS haven't done as well for me.

Better try some .22 Express !
    “An airgun or two”………

For my indoor 20 yard LSR comps I'm in the process of switching from the 15.9s to the Exact RS which is a little bit lighter than the Express.

The reasons for changing? As I'm making holes in cardboard I don't need to have the oomph of a heavy pellet and the RS pellets appear to be better made and a slightly harder lead. Leastways I'm seeing less skirt damage, and the first thing to highlight a dodgy skirt is how the pellet will load into the Air Arms magazine. The RSs drop in every time.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

I use Jumbo Express in the 99s when I can't get RS and they perform just as well. I buy mine locally under the Mosquito Express branding, but they are exactly the same pellet only slightly cheaper. (If you peel off the Mosquito label, you'll find the JSB label underneath)...

Quote Originally Posted by davehope1968 View Post
    What fps are you getting
    I set my guns to shoot at 600fps with Express.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    After having much success with the above pellets in ,177 cal. in a few of my spring guns, I'm wondering how they behave in .22 Cal. ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    I use them in .22

I have some but have yet to try them in earnest. As Jim Tyler's findings have shown us time and time again in his experiments, they often result in a more refined firing cycle in most springers, due to lower required release pressure (obviously depending on individual guns' set-ups), so, if your barrel likes them they're going to be excellent. As DJP says, they'll very often be the most efficient too, so maybe giving the option of a little de-tune to improve the cycle even further? And, of course, always worth checking with these more efficient pellets anyway, to ensure we stay within the limit.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

jsb

Found jsb to be a very good pellet in .22 I would say as good as AA Field Diablo (I use both types)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I use them in my TX200 very good better than airarms

They are the same pellet

Quote Originally Posted by KeithS View Post
    They are the same pellet
    Hi sorry you got it wrong JSb pellets are made in the same factory but air arms are made from different die,sets which makes.
    The pellets different. The article was in the airgun magazine november 2016

I did try AA Express a while ago but, I found that Falcon Accuracy Plus worked better for me as a lightweight pellet in both calibres.

All of the above.