I just wanted to say thank you to the guys at Horsham Hawks HFT Club. I emailed a couple of other clubs to see if I could visit but got no response, Kieth from the Hawks was the only person who replied.

In a time when shooting sports in this country are struggling with public perception a friendly answer to questions asked is not just polite but something that can only benefit us in our struggle to make our sport more acceptable and accessible to the general public. A failure to be proactive in our sport means that we will always be struggling to keep memberships of the smaller clubs at a sustainable and will certainly mean that progression and innovation is lost.

A failure to respond to public enquiries, however, will mean that we will be cast into the shadows of sports that are misunderstood and risk vilification and therefore more draconian legislation. 7 joules (slightly less than 6ft/lb) anyone?

If anybody in the Crawley/ Horsham area is looking for a challenging course layout, a great bunch of people and overall a rewarding day out then look no further. The membership of this club are enthusiastic in promoting our sport and improving the competency of those who shoot with them. The only complaint I heard was that due to land permissions they could not shoot as regularly as the club members would have liked! A club that is actively looking for more range time, where do I sign?

Anybody who shoots in this area, you are missing out on some of the most challenging lanes you will get to shoot. Give them a call.

Thank you Hawks for one of the best, most friendly days shooting I have had.

All the best

Neil