Thread: excaliber 22 air rifle leaking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

excaliber 22 air rifle leaking

i bought this on line from a gun shop down the country ,it had just had all the seals done with reciept,ive owned it for 2 months but i put it away full when i got it out after 1 week it was empty,filled it again and listned for any leaks nothing ,any ideas please

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    i bought this on line from a gun shop down the country ,it had just had all the seals done with reciept,ive owned it for 2 months but i put it away full when i got it out after 1 week it was empty,filled it again and listned for any leaks nothing ,any ideas please
    Put a balloon/condom over the barrel and another over the filling port. Leave it for a few hours and see which, if either, has blown up.
    Then we can go to stage two!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

ok mate i will give it a go,i might get my hands on a balloon, but condoms are just a distant memery ,thanks for your help

tried that one balloons did not go up mate,whats next please

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Is the gun full? Are the balloons secured airtight? If yes, leave it overnight.
    The most common cause of a leak is crap in the filler valve, filling from empty is the best way of clearing it, so there's a good chance you've fixed it.
    If not, remove the action from the stock and use a washing up liquid solution around the joints looking for any sign of bubbles.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

My excalibre leaked from the fill valve, it was audible tho, a friend at our club repaired it, not that hard and would have probably done it myself if I had any bloody time.