Thread: excaliber 22 air rifle leaking

excaliber 22 air rifle leaking

i bought this on line from a gun shop down the country ,it had just had all the seals done with reciept,ive owned it for 2 months but i put it away full when i got it out after 1 week it was empty,filled it again and listned for any leaks nothing ,any ideas please

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    i bought this on line from a gun shop down the country ,it had just had all the seals done with reciept,ive owned it for 2 months but i put it away full when i got it out after 1 week it was empty,filled it again and listned for any leaks nothing ,any ideas please
    Put a balloon/condom over the barrel and another over the filling port. Leave it for a few hours and see which, if either, has blown up.
    Then we can go to stage two!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

ok mate i will give it a go,i might get my hands on a balloon, but condoms are just a distant memery ,thanks for your help

tried that one balloons did not go up mate,whats next please

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Is the gun full? Are the balloons secured airtight? If yes, leave it overnight.
    The most common cause of a leak is crap in the filler valve, filling from empty is the best way of clearing it, so there's a good chance you've fixed it.
    If not, remove the action from the stock and use a washing up liquid solution around the joints looking for any sign of bubbles.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

My excalibre leaked from the fill valve, it was audible tho, a friend at our club repaired it, not that hard and would have probably done it myself if I had any bloody time.

many thanks chaps I will leave it over night,and see what happens

I am fairly sure these are very similar to the Webley Axsor. When I had a leak on my Axsor I missed the very small O ring inside the fill valve and eventually found that to be the problem. I didn't like doing it at the time but found it by submerging the front of the rifle in a dish of clean water and seeing exactly where the bubbles were coming from. There is an exploded diagram on Chambers website that shows the O ring OR068. It had dried out completely and was rock hard. Took some getting out as well if I remember correctly
    Last edited by ken69; 13-11-2017 at 10:36 PM.

It is very common to find the small O ring in the fill valve to be compressed and rock hard in these guns, it's difficult to remove, be careful not to damage the seal groove in the brass plunger when you remove the old hardened O ring.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

many thanks for your help chaps,got up this morning gun still full and shooting nice

Probably a bit of dust/dirt that got in your fill or exhaust valve and has now blown through then.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!