Funilly enough the Lee collet dies were the go to die for a lot of bench rest shooters a while back. The thing is Lee stuff is innovative, some dies are not made by anyone else.

I have noticed tangible improvements in the accuracy and consistancy of all of my mag length loads since sizing with the collet dies and then factory crimping, particularly with .303.

Lee is not rubbish, but it is not Forster, Wilson or Redding either, but that said I found the Forster bullet puller utterly useless until it was fettled by Dave at the shooting shed. Where I have had blow outs with lee dies it has bene my fault. I got one that rusted internally and sized (collet sizing die) that was stuck so simply mangled the case until I sussed out what was up.

They do rust easilly, but I use them along side Forster, redding, RCBS and Wilson and they do a good job where no others seem to exist. I would not swap my Forster coaxial press for anything but thats as much about design as build.

They can be more an established reloaders die than a beginners sometimes as they can take some care to get the right effect.