Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: selling and rebuying same gun

selling and rebuying same gun

is it just me or has any one on here sold a gun then missed it, and purchased another one of same model, i have had over the years bought and sold around four hw45 pistols. three walther cp88s two webley trackers. and a few sharp innovas, and some more,

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I have had 3 or 4 HW95k's.

Not because I love them!

But because,

On paper it should be the ultimate 12ftlb break barrel air rifle.

But in practice they need heavy mods to be good.

All except my latest have shot terrible from the factory!
    Master Debater

I had a Crosman 2240. I modded it but lost interest and sold it on.

Later I realised that I preferred the bog standard version so I bought a secondhand base version which I still have and use.

Years ago I had a beautiful mark 2 TX200 and for some reason decided to get rid. That was around 10 years ago and this year I bought another one because I still missed it!!!!

bought it back

HI ,Yes i sold my daystate wolverine 177cal supper accurit then chaced in down and bought it back, and i regretted selling my fx royale 177 cal so ended up buying another one almost the same , so you are not allone LOL.
    ATB BOB.

I sold a full length .177 TX200 in a beech stock.

I really wanted an HC .177 in a Walnut stock.

Then, I bought a .22 HC in a Walnut stock.

Then, I sold that because I really wanted an HC .177 in a Walnut stock.

Then, I bought a .177 TX200hc in a Walnut stock and, finally, all is well in the world

All of the above.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    is it just me or has any one on here sold a gun then missed it, and purchased another one of same model, i have had over the years bought and sold around four hw45 pistols. three walther cp88s two webley trackers. and a few sharp innovas, and some more,
    I have this happen all the time, I like buying, then tying them out, then I sell it on and end up buying another 6 months later.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

SuperTens, Meteors, HW80's and Sharp Innovas. That reminds me I haven't got an Innova in the cabinet at the moment, I repaired one last week and somehow seem to think I should look out for one to keep myself active... MSP's are damn good excercise
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post

I've bought back three of my actual old air rifles to date, had four TX200HC's in .177 to date -- usually bought within a year of selling the last one, so reckon I am about due another (lol) -- and have had seven YES SEVEN Webley & Scott .177 Tempest pistols, each within a year of each other, too, and don't get me started on the amount of Omegas and Vulcans I've had, so you are far far FAR from being alone my friend.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Rapid

Been there done that had a great Rapid sold it bought another sold it bought the first one back from my mate then six months later sold it again. Regret selling it every single day.

I bought a daystate mk4 the same guy bought it back from me for more money less scope

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Two HW 95's.
    Two Fenmans.
    BSA .22 RB2 Stutzen.
    BSA .22 RB2 Airsporter Carbine.
    “An airgun or two”………

in 1989 I took purchase of a shiny new sportmatch GC2 number 117 when I packed in shooting in 1993 I sold it. after getting back into shooting 8 years ago I've always regretted selling it I've even look at buying one a few year back. then I read a add on here last year for a gc2 number 117 which was my original one I had sold I couldn't believe it I just to have it back after 23 years
    It still shoots as good as any of the new guns I have

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I bought a beaten up old BSA Challenger off a guy and had it reblued and tuned by SFS and refinished the stock myself, I put more rabbits in the pot with that rifle than any other I've ever owned, I traded it in in the end and regretted it a few months later, it took me years to find another Challenger, which I've managed to do and it's been done up to the same spec as the one I traded it.

I also had a lovely early Prosport that I sold to Alister on here and missed it so much, luckily he asked me a few years later if I wanted to buy it back which I did without hesitation, I still have it now and is the pride of my collection.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I can go one better, I actually sold my S400k 3 or 4 times to different people and somehow ended up buying it back everytime

Sold and bought many S200, s, HW95, s, TX200, s and probably more.