Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Crossman 600 and 38C Revolver For Sale

A Crossman 600 and 38C Revolver For Sale

For Sale:
    A scarce 2nd Type Crosman 600 'true' semi auto pistol.
    This variation was only made in 1964-65 and is the only variant where the CO2 Powerlet is inserted neck first. This example was originally supplied to Sears, Roebuck & Co and the pistol has been marked as such.

The pistol was serviced by Lawrie and is complete and working with no damage to the grips. Works very well with .22 Hobbies.

£265 F2F or can post for additional £10 if preferred. Only caveat is I'll pack the pistol with plenty of padding/bubble wrap but if it gets damaged/lost in transit, I'm not in a position to cover any shortfall, so am offering to post at buyer's risk. Will be sent Parcel Force 48 as that is about the only way to legally post nowadays. Alternatively, I shall be visiting the Birmingham Arms Fair first thing on Sunday 17th - tomorrow, so would be happy to meet up.

Also, a rare Crosman 38C Co2 revolver.
    These were originally made as trainers during the early 1960s and are excellent 'replicas' of the K38 Smith & Wesson ‘Masterpiece’ revolvers. The lockwork is based on the original and unlike many of today's CO2 replicas, the rearsight is fully adjustable. Overall size and feel is that of a Smith & Wesson and this .177 version works as it should. Unusually, the CO2 powerlet holds the left grip in situ, so if posted, I will include an empty powerlet to keep the grip in place.

This is no fast loader, as pellets are loaded singly, just as .38 cartridges would have been in 1964. The single and double action work just as the original and the actual revolving cylinder is located at the front of the moulded cylinder in a similar fashion to modern Crosman revolvers such as the Vigilante. The 38C series are rare in the U.K. as they were never intended for sale here and therefore not imported unless on special order.

I'm including a leather 'Hunter' branded holster FOC as one of the rivets has popped and it is too good to throw away. The holster is intended for S&W K-Frame revolvers such as the Masterpiece the 38C is based on.

£125 F2F or will post with same caveat as mentioned above.

Link to photos below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/srL4Eg6ycniWibE4A

John
    Last edited by Josie & John; 16-11-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Could I collect the 38c off you at kempton John?

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    For Sale:
    A scarce 2nd Type Crosman 600 'true' semi auto pistol.
    This variation was only made in 1964-65 and is the only variant where the CO2 Powerlet is inserted neck first. This example was originally supplied to Sears, Roebuck & Co and the pistol has been marked as such.

The pistol was serviced by Lawrie and is complete and working with no damage to the grips. Works very well with .22 Hobbies.

£265 F2F or can post for additional £10 if preferred. Only caveat is I'll pack the pistol with plenty of padding/bubble wrap but if it gets damaged/lost in transit, I'm not in a position to cover any shortfall, so am offering to post at buyer's risk. Will be sent Parcel Force 48 as that is about the only way to legally post nowadays. Alternatively, I shall be visiting the Birmingham Arms Fair first thing on Sunday 17th - tomorrow, so would be happy to meet up.

Also, a rare Crosman 38C Co2 revolver.
    These were originally made as trainers during the early 1960s and are excellent 'replicas' of the K38 Smith & Wesson ‘Masterpiece’ revolvers. The lockwork is based on the original and unlike many of today's CO2 replicas, the rearsight is fully adjustable. Overall size and feel is that of a Smith & Wesson and this .177 version works as it should. Unusually, the CO2 powerlet holds the left grip in situ, so if posted, I will include an empty powerlet to keep the grip in place.

This is no fast loader, as pellets are loaded singly, just as .38 cartridges would have been in 1964. The single and double action work just as the original and the actual revolving cylinder is located at the front of the moulded cylinder in a similar fashion to modern Crosman revolvers such as the Vigilante. The 38C series are rare in the U.K. as they were never intended for sale here and therefore not imported unless on special order.

I'm including a leather 'Hunter' branded holster FOC as one of the rivets has popped and it is too good to throw away. The holster is intended for S&W K-Frame revolvers such as the Masterpiece the 38C is based on.

£125 F2F or will post with same caveat as mentioned above.

Link to photos below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/srL4Eg6ycniWibE4A

John
    I WILL TAKE THE CROSMAN 600 please

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Could I collect the 38c off you at kempton John?

Dave
    Hi Dave,

Yes of course you can Dave. It has been placed to one side for you.

Many thanks for responding so quickly.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by swissmick View Post
    I WILL TAKE THE CROSMAN 600 please
    All yours Mick - I have responded off line to you.

Thank you for your prompt response to my advert.

Kind regards,

John

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Cheers John, see you in a few weeks. Due to weather conditions, I shall be camouflaged.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Cheers John, see you in a few weeks. Due to weather conditions, I shall be camouflaged.

Dave
    Is that in Hawaiian flage Dave?

Will be sent Parcel Force 48 as that is about the only way to legally post nowadays.
    John for future reference you can still send pistols by Royal Mail Special Delivery (best not over long distances that involve flying, eg. to Scotland etc), with most costing £12 or so. This at least in theory carries insurance of up to at least £500.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    John for future reference you can still send pistols by Royal Mail Special Delivery (best not over long distances that involve flying, eg. to Scotland etc), with most costing £12 or so. This at least in theory carries insurance of up to at least £500.
    Thanks Garvin - Lawrie also pointed this out to me this morning and that's what I have used.

Kind regards,

John

Thanks Garvin - Lawrie also pointed this out to me this morning and that's what I have used.

Kind regards,

John
    Also John I don’t know if you are aware that when using Special delivery, you are entitled to claim your postage back if they don’t attempt to deliver your package by 1 o/c the following day, I have done this on two occasions with no problems.

Kind regards,

Lawrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post
    Also John I don’t know if you are aware that when using Special delivery, you are entitled to claim your postage back if they don’t attempt to deliver your package by 1 o/c the following day, I have done this on two occasions with no problems.

Kind regards,

Lawrie.
    Thanks Lawrie,

Kind regards,

John

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Actually I think this WAS the case, but is not any more sadly.... https://www.royalmail.com/sites/defa...--23410530.pdf
    Express48 is now the ONLY legal option with all the compensation shortfalls that service carries

Let's hope you don't have put the SD compo scheme to the test John.
    Last edited by harvey_s; 16-11-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Actually I think this WAS the case, but is not any more sadly.... https://www.royalmail.com/sites/defa...--23410530.pdf
    Express48 is now the ONLY legal option with all the compensation shortfalls that service carries

Let's hope you don't have put the SD compo scheme to the test John.
    Hi Harvey

No, I think that is saying that Parcelforce only carries airguns by express48.

Royal Mail is a different entity and still carries legal airguns by any service from 1st class and upwards.

If it said "Only Parcelforce accepts low-powered airguns..." then you'd be right.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hi Harvey

Royal Mail is a different entity and still carries legal airguns by any service from 1st class and upwards.

If it said "Only Parcelforce accepts low-powered airguns..." then you'd be right.
    Exactly

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Hi Harvey

Mmmm, I'm not sure you're right on this one...look at the wording on liquids for example which does allow both and the wording is quite different.
    Have you any correspondence from RM that confirms your assumption?

I'm not sure I'd be wanting to tell someone that's right unless I was sure as it could prove quite a costly mistake.