Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What airgun do you really want but are putting off acquiring ?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I am also a left handed shooter and have criticised AA for orientation and the horrible nature of the cocking lever. Lots to read here if you are interested.
    I also like the Pro Sport and have actually owned 4 but now don't own one. Clearly the orientation of the loading port will remain but LH stocks are pretty freely available. My first one was actually from Maccari in the USA. It arrived unfinished but several coats of Danish oil later it actually looked pretty good. My second PS had a left handed stock that felt really good. Were I to own a PS today I think I would order a CS800 stock from Customstocks. Stocks are not a problem and for normal use the loading port isn't either unless you want to use a shooting glove.
    For me the main problem preventing the PS being acclaimed as THE best factory standard spring rifle is the dreadful cocking lever which should be steel not aluminium. Air Arms PLEASE take note.
    All points noted and agreed !
    As I said, one day I might just do it !
    “An airgun or two”………

Hw45

Have considered the HW45 a few times, but the thing that puts me off is knowing how many other folk have bought them and not got on with them. The fact that some even revert to fitting a shoulder stock in an attempt to tame them They do look a bit top heavy, making the grip appear small and out of proportion; the BlackStar improves the overall proportion and presumably provides a more comfortable grip

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Have considered the HW45 a few times, but the thing that puts me off is knowing how many other folk have bought them and not got on with them. The fact that some even revert to fitting a shoulder stock in an attempt to tame them They do look a bit top heavy, making the grip appear small and out of proportion; the BlackStar improves the overall proportion and presumably provides a more comfortable grip
    Don't hold back on a 45 because of others negative opinions of them. I have a silver star in .177 and standard in .22. Both are awesome fun to shoot and once you get used to them the accuracy is excellent. Also don't forget they all have two power levels so no need to start of with full power when learning to shoot them. As for top heavy??? No way. They are a fantastically balanced gun and the weight that is present helps keep the muzzle down on release.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post

I have a shoulder stock, but that's because mine is so damn good I can get more from it, I even used it for Bell Target with a diddy little scope on top. On half power it's virtually recoiless.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I've got a hankering for another Hw98 I've had two in the past and always let them go..

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Since they came out I have covetted the Park Rifle RH93. Trouble is it was too expensive for me when it came out, too heavy for most things, too rare on the secondhand market, and even if one did come up it was always when I was skint.

I should have one by the middle of next week.

The only other rifle I had this yearning for was the Drulov Eagle. I got one of those in September. I feel like a low-budget version of Unframed Dave. This is awesome!!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Since they came out I have covetted the Park Rifle RH93. Trouble is it was too expensive for me when it came out, too heavy for most things, too rare on the secondhand market, and even if one did come up it was always when I was skint.

I should have one by the middle of next week.

The only other rifle I had this yearning for was the Drulov Eagle. I got one of those in September. I feel like a low-budget version of Unframed Dave. This is awesome!!
    Saw one of these last week and was most impressed !
    “An airgun or two”………

FSC FX Impact
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Capybara....when and if.

pjbingham is online now My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Webley Mk11 Service, I just have to find the right one really. The price of them means I will only ever own one so it has to be the right one.

An Airwolf MCT. Worried it’s too big for the field. Plus I’d have to trade my HW100 KTLA for it and it’s a bloody great gun

Undoubtedly it's a full power impact for me in .25. However, will it have any issues? Will they end up putting the new barrel on it with the full length smooth twist? It's got to be absolutely right for that sort of investment.

Walther LGV Master Pro, tuned and with a custom trigger job!

AA 400 with ambidextrous stock. just a bit of steel as as the trigger. with a brass trigger pull.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Hunting five

Steyer Hunting five and the Steyer Challange