Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote for hunting

Vote for hunting

https://signforhunting.com/

Please vite.
    Link from BASC
    please pass on too
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

i have signed i was there on the marches not that it done any good but hey if we don't try --doesn't matter if you shoot- hunt -fish- target shoot --we are all one voice

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    doesn't matter if you shoot- hunt -fish- target shoot --we are all one voice
    No we’re not. I like target shooting but I don’t kill animals for fun.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    I no that some do some dont my point is that we need to be one voice over this as it will affect all who shoot weather that be paper fur or feather Lets all unite and fight this ATB

Charging about on a horse, tooting a silly little horn, dogs tearing animals apart, not my idea of hunting, and I've done my fair share, rabbits, squirrels, rats and ferals, all shot without any silliness, these people live in a different world!

Quote Originally Posted by Rog5 View Post
    Charging about on a horse, tooting a silly little horn, dogs tearing animals apart, not my idea of hunting, and I've done my fair share, rabbits, squirrels, rats and ferals, all shot without any silliness, these people live in a different world!
    With you there. Grew up living, later working in the Somerset countryside in the 1970's. I was surprised how many farmers disliked hunting, not on moral grounds but the upset to their livestock & damage to fences.

One farmer, who'd had a farm near Wells since pre WW2 summed it up well. 'Can shoot more foxes in a week than those silly buggers get in a year'.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

It's not about fox hunting, it's about being allowed to "hunt" with guns Europe wide, and under the current rules seemingly would affect shooting in the UK.

But judging by the pathetic response to the 2020 UK Gov consultation most members can't be bothered to actually act on anything.

I agree 1000% with posts 3 to 6 and find the farmer's comment in 6 particularly apt!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

My farmer won't have the hunt on his land. A few years ago they petrified his sheep.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    It's not about fox hunting, it's about being allowed to "hunt" with guns Europe wide, and under the current rules seemingly would affect shooting in the UK.

But judging by the pathetic response to the 2020 UK Gov consultation most members can't be bothered to actually act on anything.
    If it was just about shooting, I could be ok with that, it's the bit about Regional Hunting Practices, that's the bit I don't like the sound of, and that's why I'm not so keen to sign.
    And also BASCs stance on hunting with dogs, they'd like it to carry on, I wouldn't

If it was just about shooting, I could be ok with that, it's the bit about Regional Hunting Practices, that's the bit I don't like the sound of, and that's why I'm not so keen to sign.
    And also BASCs stance on hunting with dogs, they'd like it to carry on, I wouldn't
    Well I've seen nothing of the sort from BASC except where it relates to the use of dogs to flush birds/game for waiting guns, or track/retrieve wounded game both of which would be restricted by the bill.

I hate mounted hunts and I've reported them when I witnessed hounds chasing a fox across my fields & thrown hunt supporters off my property more than once.

Sadly the authorities tend to lump 'hunting with guns' in alongside any other methods so to protect one involves protecting all.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well I've seen nothing of the sort from BASC except where it relates to the use of dogs to flush birds/game for waiting guns, or track/retrieve wounded game both of which would be restricted by the bill.

I hate mounted hunts and I've reported them when I witnessed hounds chasing a fox across my fields & thrown hunt supporters off my property more than once.

Sadly the authorities tend to lump 'hunting with guns' in alongside any other methods so to protect one involves protecting all.
    Yes, your right unfortunately
    BASC statement on the hunting act
    BASC strongly opposes a ban on hunting with dogs, that's on their website
    And that's what the majority ( in my opinion ) don't like, and as I said, that's why I didn't sign.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    Music to my ears

Agree totally and whilst charging about they don't respect boundaries if a fox runs over
    anyones land they will be in.
    We had it with a horse paddock,they made the grazing horses stampede.
    Also if a tenant farmer had the audacity to even whisper any concern you can bet either one of the ''Hunters''
    family or friends will own said land,so not looking good when tenancy becomes up for renewal.
    This isn't diatribe from a bloke down the pub but first hand face to face fact.
    To finish one permission told me to promise never to touch i.e shoot the foxes as it will mean so much trouble for him
    he might as well start packing now !!
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

Signed Atb mick