Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What airgun do you really want but are putting off acquiring ?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

What airgun do you really want but are putting off acquiring ?

But one day, you sort of know you'll eventually get one !

With me being a left handed shooter, I've long had a yearning for a left handed Air Arms Prosport in either caliber and as many of you know AA don't produce this air rifle as a Southpaw option !
    Now I know I can purchase a right handed Prosport possibly with a beech stock (to keep costs down) and then procure Customstock to make me a left handed walnut stock to suit.
    However, as the final cost would most likely be in the region of £750 if bought new, I've never gone along with it although I know that to offset costs, I can resell the right handed stock !

The thoughts on this matter are always there though and won't go away so maybe one day, just one day I'll sucumb and proceed with the above plan !

What are your designs ?
    “An airgun or two”………

I have in my sights the AA Ultimate Sporter 510. I have several springers and fancy something different but cant justify the cost of diving bottles and the rifle at over £800.00. I know deep down I will probably end up with one, its just a case of when. I sold a load of stuff to put towards it and then temptation got the better of me in CH Westons gun shop in the form of an HW77 in the green laminate finish. Inevitably I spent the money that was originally towards the sporter. Now running out of things to sell.
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 14-11-2017 at 05:44 PM.

HW98, HW80 and HW95 but not while HW continues to write the 'warning' on the action.

Many other manufacturers don't feel the need to do it.

Mr Weihrauch by all means put the warning on the action but position it underneath (hidden by the stock). That way when Mr Average decides to do a bit of tinkering and dismantle everything, he takes off the stock, sees the message and heeds to warning.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

I have really hankered after a FX impact or wildcat for ages. I have a variation on my FAC ready and waiting.

Hw44 but the price is too much

I was all set on a new RM8 package deal but kept seeing reports of leaks and rough loading mechanism, so thats gone out the window now

HW110, but heard so many bad reports about indexing and barrel problems it has put me off

No 99,s yet ?

I would love to add a benjamin armada to my collection, but no way is that a £1000 gun...

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    I have really hankered after a FX impact or wildcat for ages. I have a variation on my FAC ready and waiting.
    Mmmm.. On Ticket, I'd have to go for an Eliminator BUT it would have to be left hand with a Hyedua stock.
    Another Theoben FAC air rifle that has always interested me would be the Dual Magnum but only a limited few were ever made and some went to the US.
    I've had a slot for an FAC air rifle for a while but as of yet, to date I haven't filled it preferring rimfires.
    “An airgun or two”………

I really fancy a H5 Auto
    BUT it would have to be good to be better than my Rapids. Down side would be back to base servicing

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    A BSA Stutzen is the only thing that could tempt me now

Pete
    Pete

Life is to short

HI All, Life is to short if i want it and can aford it buy it been to a lot of Funerals this year and now i think diffrent about things. ATVB bob.

I'm not put off acquiring any further guns, and there are a few still remaining on my future dream wish list. It's lack of available funds, safe storage space and facing the wrath of 'er indoors that are my constraints.

Although a nice, cheap pistol may be joining me soon (and easy to find safe storage for).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

RAW HM1000 .20 cal