Thread: What airgun do you really want but are putting off acquiring ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Theoben

Ive toyed with getting a .25 rapid just because its a calibre Ive never had in pcp, I had a Hatsan striker and it was great fun. I just cant justify the cost at present but I just know it will happen, also been thinking about a HW30 .22 but the knocking HW QC have been getting is turning me towards another Hatsan

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

For some reason I have an itch for a HW80 in K format. I have a number of other HW's including a 95 which, if I'm honest, seems totally manageable given my age and build.

It's just that a few, (many), years ago a mate had one and it was superb but heavy, we had long and narrow shoots back then so long walks were the order of the day but where I am now there's more opportunity to stalk, hide, ambush and rest. I have to admit that i have removed the silencer from my 95 and fitted a BSA Scorpion muzzle brake to protect the thread, for some reason it's made the gun more pointable and less wieldly and if I were to get an 80 I'd likely do the same, I don't find the noise to be a problem as I dont chase multiple bags.

Should I ignore or scratch the itch? If i were to get a slot on my FAC what are they like running a tad "hotter"?