Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What airgun do you really want but are putting off acquiring ?

I have always lusted after a Theoben Slr88 and could have bought one for£450 a few years back, but after owning a Fenman and not being impressed with it(crap trigger and power drop) as put me off of getting one.Saying that I had a go with some of (Transporter) Ray's lovely gas Rams rifles and will probably get a Sirocco or countryman if a nice one comes along.
    Les..

Parker Hale / Pax Phoenix- Always fancied the looks. In reality I've not snapped at a couple that have been for sale. That boat may well have sailed now.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I have always lusted after a Theoben Slr88 and could have bought one for£450 a few years back, but after owning a Fenman and not being impressed with it(crap trigger and power drop) as put me off of getting one.Saying that I had a go with some of (Transporter) Ray's lovely gas Rams rifles and will probably get a Sirocco or countryman if a nice one comes along.
    Les..
    SLR88 Ultra-carbine. They only made about twenty, I think, and they are bloody expensive when, once a decade, they come up for sale. Would also really like a first production model Sirocco.

But that's not so much putting off as having demand but no supply.

I have fancied an AK replica, but £250-400 (latter for the Yunkers, these days) seems silly money for what is basically an adult toy. I wish they'd import the Crosman Comrade so I could scratch that itch for less. I also like the Crosman look-alike of the FN SCAR-L, which is mechanically a 760, but sells here for well over a ton. Which is crackers. It's a cheap plastic BB gun.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Parker Hale / Pax Phoenix- Always fancied the looks. In reality I've not snapped at a couple that have been for sale. That boat may well have sailed now.
    Not so, my son recently bought a .177 Phoenix mk2 £400 it had issues but an easy fix really, the squirt of oil on the bottle valve did not work, turned out the valve head face had a few very small bits of metal embedded in it causing air to leek out the barrel also someone had had it in bits and lost some of them. I ordered the bits off pax and the gun is sound now only cost £25, so £425 for his gun which is in very good condition actually, mine cost £840 (extra mag) and i must say it is a great gun i tend to pick that above many others when i feel like taking one out, can't understand why they loose their value and are not more popular? I could still get what i paid for my HW100 no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fife View Post
    HI All, Life is to short if i want it and can aford it buy it been to a lot of Funerals this year and now i think diffrent about things. ATVB bob.
    bob well said mate,no pockets in shrouds

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post
    I really fancy a H5 Auto
    BUT it would have to be good to be better than my Rapids. Down side would be back to base servicing
    how would you know if its better than a rapid???

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    No 99,s yet ?
    I'd like a .20 99s if Weihrauch ever make one...

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    Not so, my son recently bought a .177 Phoenix mk2 £400 it had issues but an easy fix really, the squirt of oil on the bottle valve did not work, turned out the valve head face had a few very small bits of metal embedded in it causing air to leek out the barrel also someone had had it in bits and lost some of them. I ordered the bits off pax and the gun is sound now only cost £25, so £425 for his gun which is in very good condition actually, mine cost £840 (extra mag) and i must say it is a great gun i tend to pick that above many others when i feel like taking one out, can't understand why they loose their value and are not more popular? I could still get what i paid for my HW100 no problem.
    I meant the boat has sailed with me not the rifle. I just probably do't fancy one as much as I think I do .
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    how would you know if its better than a rapid???
    I've had both and I reckon the h5 is better than a rapid.
    B.A.S.C. member

I am a leftie too and the ultimate air rifle i would like to buy would be a Left handed Wiscombe

Blackrider is online now It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Les..
    A great air rifle Les !
    I once had the chance of a left handed Imperator, actually had it in my hands but declined to buy it, WHY ?
    I had just shelled out on a Fenman and a HW 80 previous so I was watching the pennies at the time !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    A great air rifle Les !
    I once had the chance of a left handed Imperator, actually had it in my hands but declined to buy it, WHY ?
    I had just shelled out on a Fenman and a HW 80 previous so I was watching the pennies at the time !
    Yeah I now what your saying, I had just spent my (Airgun fund money ) on a AA Pro/elite and the Slr88 came up for sale..
    Les..

Theoben

Ive toyed with getting a .25 rapid just because its a calibre Ive never had in pcp, I had a Hatsan striker and it was great fun. I just cant justify the cost at present but I just know it will happen, also been thinking about a HW30 .22 but the knocking HW QC have been getting is turning me towards another Hatsan

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

For some reason I have an itch for a HW80 in K format. I have a number of other HW's including a 95 which, if I'm honest, seems totally manageable given my age and build.

It's just that a few, (many), years ago a mate had one and it was superb but heavy, we had long and narrow shoots back then so long walks were the order of the day but where I am now there's more opportunity to stalk, hide, ambush and rest. I have to admit that i have removed the silencer from my 95 and fitted a BSA Scorpion muzzle brake to protect the thread, for some reason it's made the gun more pointable and less wieldly and if I were to get an 80 I'd likely do the same, I don't find the noise to be a problem as I dont chase multiple bags.

Should I ignore or scratch the itch? If i were to get a slot on my FAC what are they like running a tad "hotter"?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    But one day, you sort of know you'll eventually get one !

With me being a left handed shooter, I've long had a yearning for a left handed Air Arms Prosport in either caliber and as many of you know AA don't produce this air rifle as a Southpaw option !
    Now I know I can purchase a right handed Prosport possibly with a beech stock (to keep costs down) and then procure Customstock to make me a left handed walnut stock to suit.
    However, as the final cost would most likely be in the region of £750 if bought new, I've never gone along with it although I know that to offset costs, I can resell the right handed stock !

The thoughts on this matter are always there though and won't go away so maybe one day, just one day I'll sucumb and proceed with the above plan !

What are your designs ?
    I am also a left handed shooter and have criticised AA for orientation and the horrible nature of the cocking lever. Lots to read here if you are interested.
    I also like the Pro Sport and have actually owned 4 but now don't own one. Clearly the orientation of the loading port will remain but LH stocks are pretty freely available. My first one was actually from Maccari in the USA. It arrived unfinished but several coats of Danish oil later it actually looked pretty good. My second PS had a left handed stock that felt really good. Were I to own a PS today I think I would order a CS800 stock from Customstocks. Stocks are not a problem and for normal use the loading port isn't either unless you want to use a shooting glove.
    For me the main problem preventing the PS being acclaimed as THE best factory standard spring rifle is the dreadful cocking lever which should be steel not aluminium. Air Arms PLEASE take note.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.