Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What airgun do you really want but are putting off acquiring ?

Quote Originally Posted by big lea View Post
    I would love to add a benjamin armada to my collection, but no way is that a £1000 gun...
    Yes. Have to agree. Same reaction to Edgun Leishy.......for a single shot.....its a heavy price.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Yes. Have to agree. Same reaction to Edgun Leishy.......for a single shot.....its a heavy price.
    Fantastic design though isn't it? Robust, super compact and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    Fantastic design though isn't it? Robust, super compact and simple.
    Yes its genius in its simplicity but jeez.....you are not far of an FX impact which...if it actually worked reliably and wasnt fiiltted with the stupid smooth twist barrel would blow it out of the water
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

JerryD is online now Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Always wanted a Whiscombe as the ultimate in springer engineering: I had the cash available just as John announced he was stopping making them. I was later offered a barrel-loading version for a good price and turned it down - WHY??!!

Now, any variant of John's work is going for ultra silly money and beyond my pocket.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Yes its genius in its simplicity but jeez.....you are not far of an FX impact which...if it actually worked reliably and wasnt fiiltted with the stupid smooth twist barrel would blow it out of the water
    I genuinely don't understand this. The Impact is not a reliable gun whereas the Leshiy is made to an unbelievably high standard and performs brilliantly. Surely having more features on an unreliable product is a waste of time and money?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    Always wanted a Whiscombe as the ultimate in springer engineering: I had the cash available just as John announced he was stopping making them. I was later offered a barrel-loading version for a good price and turned it down - WHY??!!

Now, any variant of John's work is going for ultra silly money and beyond my pocket.

Having owned three Whiscombes I found them very tricky beasts and as rifles to shoot rather than stroke they leave me pretty unmoved.. Sure they are really well made which is great. Ignoring the price-impossible I know but try-the double cock for legal limit and triple cock needed for FAC rated rifles is a real pain. In particular the triple cock for what is a hunting rifle is just daft. In the time it took you to cock your 27 ft lb JW80 a PCP would've let off three shots at least. I know which one I'd rather take hunting.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I would like a Crosman 2250 XL and then slowly over time bling it up. I find I dont shoot the guns I have so Iam just going to make one look good, in my eyes any way.
    cheers
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob123 View Post
    I would like a Crosman 2250 XL and then slowly over time bling it up. I find I dont shoot the guns I have so Iam just going to make one look good, in my eyes any way.
    cheers
    Bob
    If you have the Crosman itch, its very hard to resist.
    If you plan to keep it, do it.

But beware.
    They quickly eat up lots of money that you will never recover and you'll quickly find yourself in the financial territory of a nice PCP.

The xl is a very handy little tool out of the box. We've had a 2250b that was modded to XL spec (steel breech and longer barrel) about 10 years. It still gets used as a pest control tool
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by fife View Post
    HI All, Life is to short if i want it and can aford it buy it been to a lot of Funerals this year and now i think diffrent about things
    Have today what you won't have tomorrow, kind of thinking ?

I'll might get a Steyr H5 Scout semi auto, although I'll have to sell my 2 Airwolfs to help to fund it.

Hello forum
    First post 🫀

I've been looking at the Benjamin Armada for a long time, everything I read is great. My location is terrible for a Shop but it's time I think 🙈, the Mrs won't be happy.... again

I really rather fancy a HW98, but they seem to have a reputation for being a little inconsistent....

The jury’s still out, although they do say one shouldn’t die wondering....😉

FX Impact

Been watching South African air gun hunting videos. Would love a long range 100+ yard shooting gun but its just too costly for me at the moment. need to save some pennies for it.
    FAC Diana52 .22 with Maccari kit - Bushnell Legend 5-15*40, FAC Diana52 .177 - Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44 , FAC HW97 .177- Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44, FAC TX200HC .177- Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    But one day, you sort of know you'll eventually get one !

With me being a left handed shooter, I've long had a yearning for a left handed Air Arms Prosport in either caliber and as many of you know AA don't produce this air rifle as a Southpaw option !
    Now I know I can purchase a right handed Prosport possibly with a beech stock (to keep costs down) and then procure Customstock to make me a left handed walnut stock to suit.
    However, as the final cost would most likely be in the region of £750 if bought new, I've never gone along with it although I know that to offset costs, I can resell the right handed stock !

The thoughts on this matter are always there though and won't go away so maybe one day, just one day I'll sucumb and proceed with the above plan !

What are your designs ?
    Or you could just buy a proper full left handed one that air arms do actually make, but that said it's over £900. Which is a good chunk of dough for a springer.
    I'm in the same boat buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury MK2 View Post
    I really rather fancy a HW98, but they seem to have a reputation for being a little inconsistent....

My 98 is completely consistent buddy, I've had a couple of them and to be fair both have been that good I barely ever bother with my other rifles when I have one. Treat yourself you won't be disappointed pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury MK2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pro7dave View Post
    My 98 is completely consistent buddy, I've had a couple of them and to be fair both have been that good I barely ever bother with my other rifles when I have one. Treat yourself you won't be disappointed pal.
    Utterly brilliant rifles. Go right ahead.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!