Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What airgun do you really want but are putting off acquiring ?

And having tried some nicely fettled LGVs in recent years, most especially ones belonging to Vernal and Craig-P, having benefitted from the "Jim Tyler tune", I really wish I had got one years ago. I'm now not putting it off, just can't afford one and have no storage.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

What-airgun-do-you-really-want-but-are not rich enough

The Lobo Mustang Looks and works like a Winchester 73 a pcp probably the only one I would consider 9 round magazine in .25 BUT 900 quid. Probably will have to settle for a Daisey

Quote Originally Posted by Pro7dave View Post
    My 98 is completely consistent buddy, I've had a couple of them and to be fair both have been that good I barely ever bother with my other rifles when I have one. Treat yourself you won't be disappointed pal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Utterly brilliant rifles. Go right ahead.

Thank you for your encouragement guy’s.

Great to hear good reports from actual owners - I’ll be sure to let you know if I go ahead.

Kind regards.

M MK2
    FX Crown Mk11 Compact .177

And having tried some nicely fettled LGVs in recent years, most especially ones belonging to Vernal and Craig-P, having benefitted from the "Jim Tyler tune", I really wish I had got one years ago. I'm now not putting it off, just can't afford one and have no storage.
    I owned both a .177 LGU, and a .22 LGV at the same time a couple of years ago, - (the last models) they were both superb, I think the LGU just edged it, but I would have either of them again in a flash - I really regret letting them go, they’re quite difficult to find these days, as owners know how good they are and hang onto them.

Yep, I feel like I've missed my chance now, but I suppose you never know what surprises the future holds. A .177 LGV would be the one I'd want.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury MK2 View Post
    Thank you for your encouragement guy’s.

Great to hear good reports from actual owners - I’ll be sure to let you know if I go ahead.

Kind regards.

M MK2
    They really are excellent. Very accurate and consistent. I find my 95s to also be excellent but, I suppose, that extra weight and better ergonomics of the 98 assist further in static situations. The recoil and surge cycles don't seem to be quite as benign as the LGV unless seriously fettled, but this doesn't seem to hamper accuracy one bit and I find them easy to shoot and very, very accurate.

Yep, I feel like I've missed my chance now, but I suppose you never know what surprises the future holds. A .177 LGV would be the one I'd want.
    Very true, you don’t, but never say never - they do come up, and I have found with the ones I owned that previous owners really do appreciate and look after them I have never seen a tatty one - they’re always mint...!

They really are excellent. Very accurate and consistent. I find my 95s to also be excellent but, I suppose, that extra weight and better ergonomics of the 98 assist further in static situations. The recoil and surge cycles don't seem to be quite as benign as the LGV unless seriously fettled, but this doesn't seem to hamper accuracy one bit and I find them easy to shoot and very, very accurate.
    I really have a strong itch for a 98 they are a beautiful, distinctive looking, well designed object of desire (In my opinion)

My LGV and My LGU were the best spring rifles I have ever owned, quiet and effortless to cock, whisper quiet upon shot release, with no spring recoil whatsoever and a trigger as light as a maidens kiss, it was quite possible to focus the scope on the target, gently release the trigger and observe the pellet strike on the point of aim without the rifle or scope moving a fraction plus a intuitive thumb operated non intrusive safety catch - air rifle pawn....

I happen to think a 98 would be their equal though...

Kind regards.

John.
    Last edited by Mercury MK2; 23-07-2022 at 05:06 PM.

And I happen to think you assume correctly, sir.

I want either a Steyr H5 Auto, an Edge Leshiy 2 or an AGT Uragan - putting off the purchase as I want to complete a few projects first which will ultimately fund the new rifle and create some space.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I want either a Steyr H5 Auto, an Edge Leshiy 2 or an AGT Uragan - putting off the purchase as I want to complete a few projects first which will ultimately fund the new rifle and create some space.
    Excellent, will they be getting sold for £50 at the next bash

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Well I was always putting off getting an Airsporter Stutzen because of the rediculous secondhand prices in the shops but as a few know, I was lucky enough to pick one up at one of the bashes for a sensible price.

The only rifle I'm putting off getting is that bleeding Diana 34 thing but that's just lack of availability.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

And now's the perfect time to add that HW35 to the collection that you've been promising yourself for so long, Pete.

That Stutzen's nice, by the way.

That Stutzen's nice, by the way.
    Still need to get that other spring in but trying to get the Fenman back together, I've had to revert to plan B at the moment as I just want to see if the piston seal conversion works, I can't get the valve to seat low enough in the rear guide block, even though I ran a 2BA tape down the thread, so it may be another job for Nick, I'm seeing if the Diana Ntec gas ram I bought will power it for a while so I can see if the piston seal works.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Excellent, will they be getting sold for £50 at the next bash

Pete
    You may need to add a few zeros at the end of that for some of them...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by McTat View Post
    Hello forum
    First post ��

I've been looking at the Benjamin Armada for a long time, everything I read is great. My location is terrible for a Shop but it's time I think ��, the Mrs won't be happy.... again

Welcome to the madhouse forum! I’m in Southampton (Hamble Le Rice actually, village of) too and agree with you. All the best shops and second hand sales always seem to be up north or the midlands. I reckon, after 17 years a member and of studying this phenomena, that we, in the South take more time and thought to make our big purchase rather than rush into impulsive ones that we then need to get shot of in a rush when something else crops up that requires some quick cash. I’ve been after a 99 and an decent R10 for ages but they are all hundreds of miles away…..

Nemo.
    TX200 Mk3. Beech .177 S400K walnut .177, S200 .22 Mk2, Browning O/U. B425 grade 1. 12g