Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: webley VMX or not

webley VMX or not

just getting back into air rifles and decided to buy my self a cheap springer , just for plinking at the club range and back garden.

so thinking Chinese , Hatsan , Remington .... Or how about the Webley VMX .

now I know most of you will say , spend a bit more and get a second hand HW , but alas £200 -ish is my budget , plus already owned a 95 , 80 , 85 , 77 and 97 and a venom vantage 80 so know how good they are..

This time I just want cheap and cheerful , some thing I can maybe tune or improve my self .

Any suggestions

thanks

the webley will no doubt be a hatsan .so buy the hatsan and save money.
    get a tinbum or one of the others that do them's tuning kit .
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Hatsan-Mod-55s
    Last edited by bighit; 15-11-2017 at 03:32 PM.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    the webley will no doubt be a hatsan .so buy the hatsan and save money.
    get a tinbum or one of the others that do them's tuning kit .
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Hatsan-Mod-55s
    Actually I think the VMX is a Chinese sourced rifle, like the Rebel!

Interesting thanks ..

I read the Remington is Chinese lol , Hatsan think is Turkish , VMX don't know.

I like the look of the VMX , looks a bit like the stingray, seen it for £179 in black with the full length barrel moderator

I think you will find these are a Hatsan Striker with a few minor differences.

Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    just getting back into air rifles and decided to buy my self a cheap springer , just for plinking at the club range and back garden.

so thinking Chinese , Hatsan , Remington .... Or how about the Webley VMX .

now I know most of you will say , spend a bit more and get a second hand HW , but alas £200 -ish is my budget , plus already owned a 95 , 80 , 85 , 77 and 97 and a venom vantage 80 so know how good they are..

This time I just want cheap and cheerful , some thing I can maybe tune or improve my self .

Any suggestions

thanks
    Personally, I'd look for a used HW or Diana or even a FWB Sport - for around the £200 mark.

If I was looking a cheapish springer then it would be a Hatsan Mod60s, which is .22. The .177 version being a Mod55s. Both have excellent triggers, and Turkish Walnut stocks.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    I think you will find these are a Hatsan Striker with a few minor differences.
    same as i found from other forums .

I 'm a Hatsan addict!! I enjoy reading about your excitement waiting for your Hatsans and starting to shoot them! I have a Hatsan m95 in .177. It was tuned by our local Hatsan guru, MZE[Vincent] as follows: Barrel shortened to 250mm, silenced[legal in the RSA], spring shortened to give 850 fps[8,4 JSB] and the Hatsan is a dream!! Welcome to the club!
    But I bought another Hatsan, the Webley Value Max in 5mm/.20! This Webley is actually the Hatsan Striker with a 5mm barrel! She doesn't have the SAS or Quttro trigger, drives a 12 gr pellet at just under 800 fps and after 1000 JSB's I am sold on her! The Webley 5mm will become my No. 1 hunter! I am still deciding on what MZE will have to fine tune the Webley/Striker, but as is she is an accurate and lovely hunter!! ;D

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA...?topic=24690.0

CONCLUSION

If the truth be told, this Striker 1000S bears more than a passing resemblance to the equally impressive Webley ValueMax, sharing as it does, a few key components.
    http://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/a...-striker-1000s
    Last edited by bighit; 15-11-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Actually I think the VMX is a Chinese sourced rifle, like the Rebel!
    Webley VMX = Hatsan Striker = Turkish...

vmx from turkey

hi,avoid the vmx at all cost,how a gun of such low quality could be associated with the name Webley beats me.a truly dreadful item.i had one and the spring appeared to have been cut from a long length,it had been cut with a dropsaw and just fitted,ie swarf and sharp edges,the plastic stock cracked asap and after that i gave it to a pal for ratting,a real piece of shot.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Webley VMX = Hatsan Striker = Turkish...
    I thought it was a 19 clone like many cheap rifles, oh well, in that case forget it, buy a Hatsan X900 breaker if you want a cheap gun or a 55 or 60 if you want a better but not quite as cheap gun.

Don't do it

There crap very harsh n brake the main spring overstressed to get the power up,get a hw99

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    There crap very harsh n brake the main spring overstressed to get the power up,get a hw99
    Which in turn will eat itself from the inside out at over twice the price....

Oh

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Which in turn will eat itself from the inside out at over twice the price....
    Don't stick up for the value max as the saying goes you get what you pay for,buy a s/h springer quality will always shine through,the poor plastic stock is better than some hatsans,but that's really the only positive