Thread: webley VMX or not

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

webley VMX or not

just getting back into air rifles and decided to buy my self a cheap springer , just for plinking at the club range and back garden.

so thinking Chinese , Hatsan , Remington .... Or how about the Webley VMX .

now I know most of you will say , spend a bit more and get a second hand HW , but alas £200 -ish is my budget , plus already owned a 95 , 80 , 85 , 77 and 97 and a venom vantage 80 so know how good they are..

This time I just want cheap and cheerful , some thing I can maybe tune or improve my self .

Any suggestions

thanks

the webley will no doubt be a hatsan .so buy the hatsan and save money.
    get a tinbum or one of the others that do them's tuning kit .
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Hatsan-Mod-55s
    Last edited by bighit; 15-11-2017 at 03:32 PM.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    the webley will no doubt be a hatsan .so buy the hatsan and save money.
    get a tinbum or one of the others that do them's tuning kit .
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Hatsan-Mod-55s
    Actually I think the VMX is a Chinese sourced rifle, like the Rebel!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Actually I think the VMX is a Chinese sourced rifle, like the Rebel!
    Webley VMX = Hatsan Striker = Turkish...

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Webley VMX = Hatsan Striker = Turkish...
    I thought it was a 19 clone like many cheap rifles, oh well, in that case forget it, buy a Hatsan X900 breaker if you want a cheap gun or a 55 or 60 if you want a better but not quite as cheap gun.

Don't do it

There crap very harsh n brake the main spring overstressed to get the power up,get a hw99

Interesting thanks ..

I read the Remington is Chinese lol , Hatsan think is Turkish , VMX don't know.

I like the look of the VMX , looks a bit like the stingray, seen it for £179 in black with the full length barrel moderator

I think you will find these are a Hatsan Striker with a few minor differences.

If I was looking a cheapish springer then it would be a Hatsan Mod60s, which is .22. The .177 version being a Mod55s. Both have excellent triggers, and Turkish Walnut stocks.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    I think you will find these are a Hatsan Striker with a few minor differences.
    same as i found from other forums .

I 'm a Hatsan addict!! I enjoy reading about your excitement waiting for your Hatsans and starting to shoot them! I have a Hatsan m95 in .177. It was tuned by our local Hatsan guru, MZE[Vincent] as follows: Barrel shortened to 250mm, silenced[legal in the RSA], spring shortened to give 850 fps[8,4 JSB] and the Hatsan is a dream!! Welcome to the club!
    But I bought another Hatsan, the Webley Value Max in 5mm/.20! This Webley is actually the Hatsan Striker with a 5mm barrel! She doesn't have the SAS or Quttro trigger, drives a 12 gr pellet at just under 800 fps and after 1000 JSB's I am sold on her! The Webley 5mm will become my No. 1 hunter! I am still deciding on what MZE will have to fine tune the Webley/Striker, but as is she is an accurate and lovely hunter!! ;D

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA...?topic=24690.0

CONCLUSION

If the truth be told, this Striker 1000S bears more than a passing resemblance to the equally impressive Webley ValueMax, sharing as it does, a few key components.
    http://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/a...-striker-1000s
    Last edited by bighit; 15-11-2017 at 04:59 PM.

vmx from turkey

hi,avoid the vmx at all cost,how a gun of such low quality could be associated with the name Webley beats me.a truly dreadful item.i had one and the spring appeared to have been cut from a long length,it had been cut with a dropsaw and just fitted,ie swarf and sharp edges,the plastic stock cracked asap and after that i gave it to a pal for ratting,a real piece of shot.

Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    just getting back into air rifles and decided to buy my self a cheap springer , just for plinking at the club range and back garden.

so thinking Chinese , Hatsan , Remington .... Or how about the Webley VMX .

now I know most of you will say , spend a bit more and get a second hand HW , but alas £200 -ish is my budget , plus already owned a 95 , 80 , 85 , 77 and 97 and a venom vantage 80 so know how good they are..

This time I just want cheap and cheerful , some thing I can maybe tune or improve my self .

Any suggestions

thanks
    Personally, I'd look for a used HW or Diana or even a FWB Sport - for around the £200 mark.