Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: webley VMX or not

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    Don't stick up for the value max as the saying goes you get what you pay for,buy a s/h springer quality will always shine through,the poor plastic stock is better than some hatsans,but that's really the only positive
    I did not stick up for the VMX, I stuck up for the 900X or the 55 or 60!

Yes I have used a 900X for hunting and it is a capable little rifle!

ok lads thanks -- just looked at the Hatsan 55/60 , but they are not so cheap anymore round £240 / £250 ... surely they were under £200 not so long back.

so if the VMX quantum silencer package , includes gun , mod , scope mounts , bag , pellets £179 , would it be a good idea to get one and self tune it -- done several HW 's my self , so don't mind fiddle-ing ..OR are they really that crap..

these are for sale at molevalley farmers which is local to me .

was also looking at another Fenix 400s , had one years ago , great gun with a tune , but alas like most guns gone way up in price

Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    ok lads thanks -- just looked at the Hatsan 55/60 , but they are not so cheap anymore round £240 / £250 ... surely they were under £200 not so long back.

so if the VMX quantum silencer package , includes gun , mod , scope mounts , bag , pellets £179 , would it be a good idea to get one and self tune it -- done several HW 's my self , so don't mind fiddle-ing ..OR are they really that crap..

was also looking at another Fenix 400s , had one years ago , great gun with a tune , but alas like most guns gone way up in price
    Just noticed your reference to Molevally Farmers, the shop on Nottinghamshire is Mole Country Stores who have also an outlet near me but they don't stock the same range as MVF. As far as I know, the MVF shops are all in the southwest.

£150 including a Nikko Stirling 3-9x40 at Protek...

ok lads thanks -- just looked at the Hatsan 55/60 , but they are not so cheap anymore round £240 / £250 ... surely they were under £200 not so long back....
    For that price you can do better, they were, until recently, the best value air rifle around (IMO). They are certainly not worth £250!
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Don't think there are, any good value, gun shops in Nottingham .i could, sell you a Hatsan 55 for £94 posted not sure if i am allowed to say that, so just delete my post if not .
    I have read numerous reports of the vmx stocks cracking round the stock screws and you could order a hw50 or hw30 delivered c to you door for under,£200 from Europe.

secretagentmole Guest

Get the bike out, go to Scunthorpe!
    https://www.gunstar.co.uk/hatsan-arm...ir-Guns/945705

Sheffield, not so far away!
    http://sheffieldairrifles.co.uk/hats...e-p-73534.html
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 17-11-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Should say any of the hatans without the quattro trigger are not really contenders i sold my 900x for £60 on here a few months ago .
    The trigger is, everything on springers you might as well get a smk208 series they are copy of Diana s with a decent trigger .
    Not sure but i think some of the Remington's come with a proper trigger.
    My hatsan 55 is, as accurate as my hw 99 its all in b the trigger.

yeah was looking at the 900x at Leicester air guns £109 I think , but he does,nt do the 55 0r 60. pellpax have them at £245 which I don't want to pay

on looking at a pic of the 900x are they the same as the Webley stingray and VMX , the action and safety look the same anyways.

Thumbs up for the remmy express and hatsan 900x, both cracking guns after a mild fettle, like ALL springers need including expensive hw's. I moved on my 55 and 60 as I found them too big for sub 12fpe, bit like a poor mans hw80.

yeah was looking at the 900x at Leicester air guns £109 I think , but he does,nt do the 55 0r 60. pellpax have them at £245 which I don't want to pay

on looking at a pic of the 900x are they the same as the Webley stingray and VMX , the action and safety look the same anyways.
    Webley Stingray = Hatsan 55s/60s.

Webley VMX = Hatsan Striker.

The Hatsan 900x is similar to the VMX/Striker - but not the same...

p.s. The trigger on the VMX/Striker and the 900x will likely need some work to make palatable - the trigger on the Stingray/55s/60s is the excellent Quattro unit....
    Last edited by rabbitwrecker; 18-11-2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: p.s.

Remington express is the best springer for the money buy a fair way at the moment in my opinion.

Sheffield air rifles are selling tactical stock ones for £110 a real bargain for what you get, they even come with a cheap scope.

The are basically a diana 34 clone with a rekord trigger.