Thread: Diana 27 rear sight

Diana 27 rear sight

Hi folks, by any chance does anyone have a spare Diana 27 (1920s era) rear sight for sale? also can someone recommend a source of piston washers? Thanks for any help.

Paul

sight

Try there are all sorts of thins appear on there from people who strip rifles

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Quote Originally Posted by plumbgun View Post
    Hi folks, by any chance does anyone have a spare Diana 27 (1920s era) rear sight for sale? also can someone recommend a source of piston washers? Thanks for any help.

Paul
    Do you mean the type with an elevation screw or the latest r tangent type? The latter are the same as the Milbro made ones, indeed the Milbro may well be M and G surplus stock.

Thanks for the replies. It is the type that fit into a dove-tail an the a leaf extends backwards with a (grub?) screw to raise and lower.

Can you measure the dovetail? I am sitting here looking at a sight that has a dovetail max width of 13.7mm but could be filed down, the sight is 45mm long. Complete with elevation screw. Not sure what it came off. Any use?
    Cheers, Phil

Hi All - the guys at Protek have sorted me out a nice rearsight that fits perfectly and is exactly what I needed. Thanks again for all replies to my post.

Paul