Thread: acvoke air pistol problem

acvoke air pistol problem

hi all,picked up an avcoke air pistol sn12820 .its all there and not in bad nick but has inconsistant but poor power.the main cause of this is when the pistol is locked closed with the cocking lever it does not close enough to seal the breech properly.i i have stripped the gun and although sound i think the hooked closing link is worn..i am thinking i need to build up this link with weld at the hooked end.anyone else had this problem,if so any advice would be most welcome,cheers greasemonkey
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi all,picked up an avcoke air pistol sn12820 .its all there and not in bad nick but has inconsistant but poor power.the main cause of this is when the pistol is locked closed with the cocking lever it does not close enough to seal the breech properly.i i have stripped the gun and although sound i think the hooked closing link is worn..i am thinking i need to build up this link with weld at the hooked end.anyone else had this problem,if so any advice would be most welcome,cheers greasemonkey
    I've never seen/had one of these but it is more or less the same set up as the Tell 2, which I had similar problems with. With the Tell, I think the plate holding the breech washer was slightly bent backwards, and I didn't fancy trying to bend it back, but a thicker breech washer that was well lubed solved it.
    Does the hooky thing feel snug when it locks onto the pin or does it feel sloppy? If it feels fairly snug, then I'd try for the breech seal. If it feels a bit sloppy, then inspect the pin it locks up on. On the Tell's, I have seen these bent which causes the gun to not lock up right. If the pin seems straight, then you could bulid up the hooky thing with weld a touch and then file it to suit, making sure it was not too tight and causing the pin to bend.
    If everything seems ok and a new breech washer doesn't cure it, then look at the washers in the cylinder.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

thanks for the info,i will check the pistol for the faults you have shared with me. i will let you know how i get on, its aways nice to have input from someone who has practical experience,cheers greasemonkey

Picture of link set-up.

thanks for that,it will most certainly help.the locking roller is very loose on its pin,is that normal or do i need to make a replacement?

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Check the trigger guard. If they become distorted, it alters the relationship of the rear of the cylinder with the backing plate that holds the breech washer. Basically, you need to 'straighten/stretch it a little.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Check the trigger guard. If they become distorted, it alters the relationship of the rear of the cylinder with the backing plate that holds the breech washer. Basically, you need to 'straighten/stretch it a little.
    thanks,will do,i hadnt thought of that.hoping to be able to have some time next week to give this a thorough going over.will let you all know how i get on,cheers greasemonkey..
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 20-11-2017 at 07:29 PM.

hi all,just thought i would give you an update.the roller that the hooked closing lever pulls down on was a sloppy fitting 6mm.working with the thought in mind that if i increased the diameter of this roller it might take up the slop in the closing mechanism,i machined up a couple of replacement rollers before i hit on the best size for my gun 7.1mm .this took up the wear in the links so the gun closes nice and tight with no slop and shoots with no loss of pressure from the breech .thanks to all for your input ,cheers greasemonkey..

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi all,just thought i would give you an update.the roller that the hooked closing lever pulls down on was a sloppy fitting 6mm.working with the thought in mind that if i increased the diameter of this roller it might take up the slop in the closing mechanism,i machined up a couple of replacement rollers before i hit on the best size for my gun 7.1mm .this took up the wear in the links so the gun closes nice and tight with no slop and shoots with no loss of pressure from the breech .thanks to all for your input ,cheers greasemonkey..
    I'm pleased you got it sorted and that you updated us with the problem and solution. I bet you are in "Smug mode" now?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I'm pleased you got it sorted and that you updated us with the problem and solution. I bet you are in "Smug mode" now?
    i hesitate to say smug and tempt fate,but pleasingly content. its been interesting as i had never even seen one of these in the flesh before i bought the Acvoke.its an interesting design and a pleasing pistol to own and shoot.i could see that it would appeal to the same market as the webley but it does not have the build quality of the Webley but very few guns have,cheers greasemonkey
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 21-11-2017 at 10:28 AM. Reason: sspelin