Thread: Webley mk3

Webley mk3

Hi guys, don't often dip my toe into this side of the forum.
    I have come by a little webley mk3 .22 serial number 31042 - firstly, I have no idea what age that makes it?
    Secondly, it looks like somebody has had a go at mounting a makeshift scope ramp (in a rather agricultural manner) which is a shame because the rest of the metalwork isn't too bad. It now has some holes tapped into the cylinder.
    It cocks and fires as it should.
    I'm wanting to move it on, what should I price it at? I was thinking £70ish as a project.

This isn't really a sales thread, more of an opinion of value. I will put a post up once I've confirmed value.

Thanks.

If by agricultural you mean spot welded, it could be a factory fitted scope rail.

No, I mean somebody has been let loose with a power drill and drilled some holes and then tapped them to take bolts!!

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    No, I mean somebody has been let loose with a power drill and drilled some holes and then tapped them to take bolts!!
    Ah,that's a shame,your valuation sounds alright though.

I would think your valuation is a little ( a lot actually ) high.

Worth quite a bit as parts, stock, tap, trigger unit, underlever, sight, screws etc., pity posting rifles is so expensive. I get quite a few in, been looking for one to customise. Always thought the barrel is too long on the MK 111, probably actually reduces power. Been wanting to shorten, but keep the elegant taper look by machining on the lathe.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 16-11-2017 at 07:03 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD