Thread: To Own A Forum ?

To Own A Forum ?

Dave over on the Airgunforum.net , is thinking of moving on . if you have the will and knowledge you could own a forum . you can contact him on the forum ??? HOLLY
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I vote for our very own..... Max Headroom Go on Max.... Do it !!
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Good luck to anyone who wants to take it on but speaking as someone who owned and ran a very popular forum for 8 years, I would very seriously consider the amount of effort and time you will need to keep on top of it.
    You have to be on top of the job every day , then there is maintenence, nutcases who want things all their own way, other forums with owners/ users who are not helpful in any way and of course hackers who love nothing more than to destroy your work.

Good luck
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by scimitar View Post
    Dave over on the Airgunforum.net , is thinking of moving on . if you have the will and knowledge you could own a forum . you can contact him on the forum ??? HOLLY
    Hi HOLLY.

I feel there's no need to look outside DaveL's thread to find the ideal candidate to take on the ownership and running of the AGF.net.
    One member on there has spent the last six years criticising the running of other airgun forums, so it would be nice to see him step up to the plate and show us all how it should be done.
    He obviously feels that he's admin material as he applied to be moderator on the AGF.co, but unfortunately was passed by, so perhaps instead of goading you guys he should grow some balls and put up or shut up.

Looking at the AGF.net I can see a few things which I'd change to increase traffic and some sections that could be deleted, and I'll be happy to put these ideas forward if someone takes over.

Good luck to all, and if I can be of any help, you know where to find me.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi HOLLY.

I feel there's no need to look outside DaveL's thread to find the ideal candidate to take on the ownership and running of the AGF.net.
    One member on there has spent the last six years criticising the running of other airgun forums, so it would be nice to see him step up to the plate and show us all how it should be done.
    He obviously feels that he's admin material as he applied to be moderator on the AGF.co, but unfortunately was passed by, so perhaps instead of goading you guys he should grow some balls and put up or shut up.

Looking at the AGF.net I can see a few things which I'd change to increase traffic and some sections that could be deleted, and I'll be happy to put these ideas forward if someone takes over.

All the best Mick
    I joined the forum 7 years ago and went back on when the BBS was down. This forum is not liked by some and this is not me having ago at the forum. Tinbum spoke on a few of the posts (well done Nick) and tried to clear up a few things but it seems one or two of the members on there could not care.

I tried to pm some one to tell them what *** (BBS) meant. You can't even pm BBS or airgunbbs. That is so petty.

And I agree with Mick that there is sections on there that need removed.
    Last edited by bighit; 16-11-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Hi HOLLY.

All the best Mick
    Forums need to work together in order to flush out the scammers and trouble-makers.
    It's in any forum's interest, that share a common interest with other forums, to make every effort to rid their forum of unreasonable critique of the other forums.
    This builds working relationships between platforms that are fruitful and open.

It's often easier to shout from the sidelines, rather than be accountable yourself, 'eh.

I haven't been on AGF.net for several years, and DaveL always did try hard to maintain good relationships.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I can't get onto to it.

Not sure if I have ever been on it but I can't see it for the minute to be sure.
    Master Debater

should

I should have said , there is no charge for the forum . dave will give it away ??? HOLLY

PS yes there is a lot of work to it .

Thanks

Thank you mick , i will pass that on . yes i think that on every forum you get dissenters . at the mo the only real part being used is the FT / HFT / Sporting . lot of good info on there and it would be a real shame to lose a forum . we need all we can get ??? HOLLY

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I joined the forum 7 years ago and went back on when the BBS was down. This forum is not liked by some and this is not me having ago at the forum. Tinbum spoke on a few of the posts (well done Nick) and tried to clear up a few things but it seems one or two of the members on there could not care.

I tried to pm some one to tell them what *** (BBS) meant. You can't even pm BBS or airgunbbs. That is so petty.

And I agree with Mick that there is sections on there that need removed.

That's AGF.com, not the .net one in question here. But yes, all forums are a fantastic resource for everyone provided for free by hard-working people with better things to do. Criticism of any forum will almost certainly illicit a response from me.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by scimitar View Post
    Thank you mick , i will pass that on . yes i think that on every forum you get dissenters . at the mo the only real part being used is the FT / HFT / Sporting . lot of good info on there and it would be a real shame to lose a forum . we need all we can get ??? HOLLY
    No problem, Holly.

One small issue with the forum at present is that guests can't see the main airgun section, "Anything Airgun", so they may not realise you have such a section, and so may not join.

All the best Mick

Its a shame that there is such a petty feeling from users of one forum with regards to another. Its the same with anything though. I'm a biker and the amount of agro between two different bike groups is ridiculous. These are all people with common interests for christs sake!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    That's AGF.com, not the .net one in question here. But yes, all forums are a fantastic resource for everyone provided for free by hard-working people with better things to do. Criticism of any forum will almost certainly illicit a response from me.
    its the .co.uk one i'm on about .

it just seems so petty in my eyes . i understand some were banned from here but the forum is the MEMBERS .with out them its only a web address .

I cant get on the .net one . my sky email keeps getting knocked back .
    AirGunForum.net does not accept registrations using anonymous email addresses, see here http://www.airgunforum.net/agf/index...ST&f=26&t=2693
    If the only email address you have is anonymous but you still wish to join us, contact admin@airgunforum.net who will explain our terms for membership.
    Last edited by bighit; 16-11-2017 at 08:27 PM.

No problem, Holly.

One small issue with the forum at present is that guests can't see the main airgun section, "Anything Airgun", so they may not realise you have such a section, and so may not join.

All the best Mick
    Ok mick will pass that on . cheers HOLLY

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Its a shame that there is such a petty feeling from users of one forum with regards to another. Its the same with anything though. I'm a biker and the amount of agro between two different bike groups is ridiculous. These are all people with common interests for christs sake!!!!
    Back when forums were popular and mine was one of the most popular of its kind, you would always get this sort of 'tribal' mentality. This carried on to the extent that I had no less than 6 otehr forums that sprng up as a result of mine and they all tried to do exactly the same job. Then you got a sort of diluting effect so that impact of what I tried to do got less and less. Self destruction at its best. Not easy things to keep going ....
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles