Thread: Honest opinion value

Honest opinion value

Hi all I have two rifles I will be moving on but would like some advice as to price....this is not a sales thread or pitch as they will be sold else where, if this is not allowed by the mods please feel free to delete.

The first is a Rapid 7 I think mk2 with the skeleton stock, this was broken through the pistol grip and has been fully repaired and can only be seen if searched for,its other defect is some rust to the outside of the barrel, I have no mags for it either but load single shot any way. It charges and shoots fantastically from a 400cc bottle and also has the push fit Vortex on.

The second is a Park RH93 this shoots spot at around 11tflb( I have even balanced a pellet on the breech and it sat still on firing) but it was left in a garage and is now in need of a re blue.(how it came to me)

I am looking for honest ideas as to value I know what they cost me, I know mint prices and I know what they will cost to put right, but I also don't want to rob the next purchaser and leave them nothing in the pot with a final value. I know I could strip and sell parts but again I don't think that's fair although it would probably raise more. These could be good knock about guns as they sit or projects for the winter and added to collections.

Thoughts please.......

At a guess in mint condition the park (dependent on stock walnut / beech) probably 3-350.

Price depends on actual work needed (and stock type).
    A reasonably complicated rifle to strip and service and a lot of metalwork to reblue if not gone too far

More info really needed to gauge condition
    B.A.S.C. member

I'd say impossible to value a rapid with so little info & no pic's.

Value

As above its hard to say but as a guide a nice mk2 block will sell easily at 400+, you need to identify what you have actually got, luckily the rapid guys are always looking and buying

Id post a few pics on here or check out freeadds and the rapid 7 owners club

Good luck
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Both of the rifles you mention are interesting but as has been said we need to see pictures and considerably more detail. In particular the price you might expect to get for the Park 93 will be incredibly sensitive to what work is required given that it has been neglected by the previous owner. Also the calibre and wood used for the stock will influence the price considerably.
    Rapids sell on condition and the trigger type.

As a matter of interest why are they being sold elsewhere?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.