Thread: Acvoke pistol price please.

Acvoke pistol price please.

Hi
    I put my Acvoke .177 air pistol on here for sale yesterday it seems i may of over priced it but i was going by what i have seen on the internet, it is in good original condition working as it should there are some pictures in the for sale section, can you give me a realistic selling price please.
    Thanks
    JJJJJJ

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    Hi
    I put my Acvoke .177 air pistol on here for sale yesterday it seems i may of over priced it but i was going by what i have seen on the internet, it is in good original condition working as it should there are some pictures in the for sale section, can you give me a realistic selling price please.
    Thanks
    JJJJJJ
    I saw your pics and thought what a lovely specimen, though the price seems a bit steep.

Then I dug out slug-gun's recent ad for an Ackvoke at it was £220 in very nice condition but with a few marks/corrosion spots and a tiny bit of grip missing. But no pics, so it's impossible to make a direct comparison.

FWIW, my feeling is your pistol was priced for a boxed Ackvoke, so maybe the pistol alone is worth £100 less? This is just a guess and it may be that given its lovely condition, someone would pay more?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    I would say for a quickish sale £250. Those around the £300 mark seem to remain unsold for quite sometime. Atb Phil

I finally sold mine for under £200, and it was hard work at that, and then via Freeads rather than BBS, where perhaps paradoxically there seems to be a much better response?
    The boxed ones at c.£450 have been on sale for months, nice items that they are, so draw your own conclusions? They SHOULD be worth this money, and £300 for a really nice unboxed one SHOULD be achievable, but it doesn't seem to be happening?
    Unless something is mega rare, or really mint, it doesn't seem to fetch much more than 20/25 years ago? Would like to be corrected though?

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    FWIW, my feeling is your pistol was priced for a boxed Ackvoke, so maybe the pistol alone is worth £100 less? This is just a guess and it may be that given its lovely condition, someone would pay more?
    I agree with this, though I reckon it should sell at £350, given time.

Thank you for the reply's I don't have a clue on air pistols they are not my thing, I have found one coming up for auction at Woolley & Wallist on the 22nd this month and the estimate is £200 to £300 so will watch with interest, its quite a nice pistol so I may just keep it.
    Thanks again
    JJJJJJ