Thread: AA Prosport/TX 200 Trigger

AA Prosport/TX 200 Trigger

A few days ago I posted for advice as how to adjust the trigger on my Prosport and TX 200 as they were really too light. Just wanted to thank all those guys who chipped in with their advice.
    I had to take it back to only the first stage firing, bringing in the second satge and a lot more first and second stage adjustments but it is now done and the weight is just right too. A little more travel on the first satge that I would have liked but it is a two stage trigger with a safe and positive stop at the second stage and a reasonably light let off. I will test the gun in the range and will adjust further if necessary.

A.G

Glad you got it sorted, you should be able to get it perfect once you get used to how the adjustments work. Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

I always think of the first stage as a little added safety. I once bought a MarkI from a fellow FT shooter and, when I tried to shoot the gun, I found I couldn't actually touch the trigger without the gun firing. It was set up to fire with the first stage screw all the way in to the point of firing. It was also set very light, so light I feel a length of broom straw would set it off. To think of all the matches I had shot with this fellow and his obviously dangerous gun. He told me he set up all his guns the same. He doesn't touch the trigger before he actually shoots and then just a touch and off goes the shot. He had never heard of the bump test. My guess at a pull weight would be less than an ounce and I'm used to shooting my guns at 3 to 4 oz. of pull. I set it up proper and much safer.

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    I always think of the first stage as a little added safety. I once bought a MarkI from a fellow FT shooter and, when I tried to shoot the gun, I found I couldn't actually touch the trigger without the gun firing. It was set up to fire with the first stage screw all the way in to the point of firing. It was also set very light, so light I feel a length of broom straw would set it off. To think of all the matches I had shot with this fellow and his obviously dangerous gun. He told me he set up all his guns the same. He doesn't touch the trigger before he actually shoots and then just a touch and off goes the shot. He had never heard of the bump test. My guess at a pull weight would be less than an ounce and I'm used to shooting my guns at 3 to 4 oz. of pull. I set it up proper and much safer.
    Yes the strange thing is that once the length of the first stage pull is near ideal then all the adjustments should really be made with the 2nd stage screw and it actually works counter intuitively as the more the 2nd stage screw is pushed in the amount of creep increases and if a very light trigger is desired then it should be backed off and the 1st stage pushed in more. Mine was just too light, a match trigger perhaps but too light for my style of shooting as I like to pull the 1st stage and then let the finger linger a little on the 2nd stage. Getting the blanace right is a little tricky but if any adjustments need to be applied to the 1st stage then it should really be very small of about 1/16th of a turn at a time.

A.G