Thread: Last "new" pistol for this week.... the Luv 2 / Webley GnAT...

Last "new" pistol for this week.... the Lov 2 / Webley GnAT...

Last edited by JimmieDee; 16-11-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Another lovely little pistol. Had one of them, exactly the same, which I swapped with kevin.ronnie for a near full rectangular tin of AIRGUNAID Warthog .20 pellets to go with my AIRGUNAID SP5 .20 Hunter back in 2006, which I still have (and me thinks me got the better end of that deal, lol ).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

An HS...by any other name?

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    Could well be.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    The similarity between the German HS and the Czech Lov 2 is one of airgun's little mysteries. They are so close in constuction that they could have been made on the same machinery and the only visible differences are minor variations in the finish, such as the definition of the chequering is better on the HS. The HS is clearly marked "Made in Germany" and the Lov box states "Made in Czechoslovakia", so you could suggest that either Lovena deliberately made a close copy of Schmidt's pistol, or that Schmidt made a deal witn Lovena and provided machinery and molds. The only problem with this is that this Lov 2 had a precursor which was identical in every respect to its later model, but had a molded thumb rest in the grip, something the HS never had.