Thread: Price advice

Price advice

Hi,
    Got an HW100 and an Air Arms Superlite 400.
    Bought a couple of years ago or a little over.
    Mint and the HW has been changed over to standard stock.
    AA has multi shot fitted.
    Barely used, perhaps a tin of pellets each as we lost our permission we just don't get to use them at all.
    Both got good quality large scopes, bags etc.
    Wondering about guide prices please before posting.
    Thanks in advance
    Getting old ain't fun!! But forgetting you are is a bonus!

Hi Mark ,
    If You take in to account how much You paid for each item , expect roughly 70% back in pounds ish .
    Sometimes You may do better selling Rifles separately from scopes and sell the scope by itself.
    Good luck ,

Paul

You can get a reasonable idea by the average price on the likes of gun trader/gun star, but remember an asking price is not always the sale price.
    2/3 of what they can be had for new is a guide for something that's in as new condition, but I don't see one tin or ten tins makes any difference, it's still 2nd hand with no warranty.

I'd agree splitting rifle & scope might be a good idea better still offer the option of either.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    You have not said about the scopes - or if in fact they compliment the guns, but you would probably be better splitting - but also including in the ad for the guns as someone may want it also?

As a guide - and it's getting tighter just now with a slow market dependant of your area as well:

An HW100 (all types) is typically being advertised at around £500/550, but not always shifting, I sold one for £500 a few weeks ago and it was mint.

There have been 2 AA400 superlites advertised lately around the £300 mark, I know because I'm looking for one, but I din't think they were worth the asking price for that particular gun - one went, one still for sale, I don't know what the sold one went for, but I believe it was well looked after and had a lot of time spend on it in a tuning capacity, so was possibly worth it, so around £300 would seem a reasonable place to start.

Spares like bags and bi-pods add little to the actual sales value - like extras on a car - would you pay an extra grand for a panoramic roof on a 3 year old Mondeo? - course not! But they may entice a buyer or make the gun better value than some one else's for sale else where unless they are good quality and in high demand - which most items like this are not, but scopes can be.

A few good pictures and as much background info. as you can muster could help. Also include if you would travel to meet or be willing to post (via RFD is probably the only safe way for a PCP)

You can always start high and end up taking offers, or cut to the chase if you want to shift it quick.

James
    Last edited by Jesim1; 17-11-2017 at 01:03 AM.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Thanks for the advice everyone.
    It's about what I thought so as soon as I get a moment I'll get them up for sale.
    Cheers
    Getting old ain't fun!! But forgetting you are is a bonus!