Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 111 bulk filling CO2

Crosman 111 bulk filling CO2

I have just been testing a 111 ready for sale. I have always been surprised that these pistols are not popular in UK, and I think it is a misunderstanding regarding recharging of CO2 which is so easy. I buy full fire extinguishers for £10 (hundreds of fills), remove the diffuser cone from the end of the hose and you are left with a 1/8 BSP male thread. This will screw into the American thread on the Crosman air guns. When everything is tightened up, press down the fire extinguisher lever and hey presto, the pistol is recharged.
    To get more liquid gas in you can cool down the pistol in a fridge for a while before filling but I never bother, you get a lot of shots anyway. Using a long hose you waste a lot of gas when disconnecting, so I am going to make up a very short unit of a few inches. Does anyone know what the thread is on the fire extinguisher discharge valve ? These pistols are not expensive in UK, I believe Lawrie has 3 for sale, the shorter version 115 and 116.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Fireman Sams Dad.
    Fireman Baz.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Fireman Sams Dad.
    Fireman Baz.
    One of the extinguishers is yours for the lovely FWB model 2.

The thread is BS. 341 Part 1, .860 x 1/14 whit.
    You might be able to do something with the nut from the fire extinguisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pig View Post
    The thread is BS. 341 Part 1, .860 x 1/14 whit.
    You might be able to do something with the nut from the fire extinguisher.
    Thanks Peter, looks like a few companies like forcefx make these adaptors.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Thanks Peter, looks like a few companies like forcefx make these adaptors.

Baz
    That looks a great bit of kit, I have been looking for one of them for more than ten years and just as have decided to give up my bulk fill pistols that turns up, such is life,

Red face

I have just been testing a 111 ready for sale. I have always been surprised that these pistols are not popular in UK, and I think it is a misunderstanding regarding recharging of CO2 which is so easy. I buy full fire extinguishers for £10 (hundreds of fills), remove the diffuser cone from the end of the hose and you are left with a 1/8 BSP male thread. This will screw into the American thread on the Crosman air guns. When everything is tightened up, press down the fire extinguisher lever and hey presto, the pistol is recharged.
    To get more liquid gas in you can cool down the pistol in a fridge for a while before filling but I never bother, you get a lot of shots anyway. Using a long hose you waste a lot of gas when disconnecting, so I am going to make up a very short unit of a few inches. Does anyone know what the thread is on the fire extinguisher discharge valve ? These pistols are not expensive in UK, I believe Lawrie has 3 for sale, the shorter version 115 and 116.

Baz

I acquired some, They're cluttering my garage up now!!

Now I think back, The original one I bought was from a bootsale, Must have been 15 years ago, It's still pretty full!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I acquired some, They're cluttering my garage up now!!

Now I think back, The original one I bought was from a bootsale, Must have been 15 years ago, It's still pretty full!!

John
    Looking at that pile you have about 25 years CO2 shooting ahead. I think its a great and cheap source of power for airgun shooting. I have access to about 200 bottles from my supplier. Warning, do not operate extinguisher lever when the hose and diffuser is removed.

Baz

Looking at that pile you have about 25 years CO2 shooting ahead. I think its a great and cheap source of power for airgun shooting. I have access to about 200 bottles from my supplier. Warning, do not operate extinguisher lever when the hose and diffuser is removed.

Baz
    Did that once,but only once, It tried to go into orbit and take me with it,ended up sitting on the floor wondering what the hell happened,please heed the warning above.

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    Did that once,but only once, It tried to go into orbit and take me with it,ended up sitting on the floor wondering what the hell happened,please heed the warning above.
    Yes, glad you were not injured. You can break your wrist very easily operating an extinguisher with the diffuser cone removed. Did you see the mad trio on TV make a jet propelled chair on wheels using 2 extinguishers ?

Baz

the thread in the front of the model 111-116 is 1/8"nps 27 tpi not bspp 28tpi
    on my 112 which came as a bag of bits and some parts missing I had to have a new co2 plug made (in bspp) and also make the tools to rebuild it which will also work on other models

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    the thread in the front of the model 111-116 is 1/8"nps 27 tpi not bspp 28tpi
    on my 112 which came as a bag of bits and some parts missing I had to have a new co2 plug made (in bspp) and also make the tools to rebuild it which will also work on other models
    The male 1/8 BSP thread fits into the Crosman female thread no problems, been bulk filling my 600 like this for a long time. It especially helps that the Crosman filler is very shallow in depth.

Baz

Clever people said that due to the laws of physics the bumble bee should not be able to fly. The bumble bee being ignorant of this just carried on happily flying.
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 18-11-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Baz

Wow this seems too easy, in the US these bulk fill pistols and rifles come on the market all the time and are not as easy to sell because few know how to deal with the filling. May have to give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Wow this seems too easy, in the US these bulk fill pistols and rifles come on the market all the time and are not as easy to sell because few know how to deal with the filling. May have to give this a try.
    It works, make the hose connection short and preferably small bore so you do not waste CO2 when disconnecting.

Baz

Baz, do you invert the extinguisher so you get liquid CO2 not just gas in the pistol, as the ones I have do not have siphon tubes. ?
    I experimented with CO2 filling a while ago as I wanted to adapt an extinguisher to fill my CO2 Webley Senior. I bought a CO2 regulator and valve from an aquarium supplies company, and, with Laurie's help, have now got both Sodastream and Extinguisher filling adaptors.
    I knew I had some old style full Sodastream bottles, but couldn't find them so got hold of a discarded new style Sodastream machine, and removed the valve assembly and lever which is perfect for filling pistols, as the inverted bottle just needs to be slightly pressed against a hard surface for the valve to operate.
    I have since found the old style bottles, so can still use the adaptor Laurie made for me to do a similar job, but the bottle has to be screwed into the adaptor to release the CO2.