Thread: Crosman 111 bulk filling CO2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    I was told some time ago by someone that knows the fact that when he made and modified CO2 pistols for customers over the pond the commonly used threads were not parallel but were in fact TAPER. May be I got it wrong but thought to mention it
    Crosman used the taper threading. Which goes against typical engineering since the non-tapered (parallel) threading would be called for. The trick is that tapered threading doesn't start tapering until after the point where the nozzle is secured on the gun. An amateur engineer started this whole tapered vs non-tapered issue some years ago. However, he never bothered to look at the actual published specifications and the application. So, in fact, either tapered or non-tapered pipe threading works in the standard Crosman bulk fill application.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    Crosman used the taper threading. Which goes against typical engineering since the non-tapered (parallel) threading would be called for. The trick is that tapered threading doesn't start tapering until after the point where the nozzle is secured on the gun. An amateur engineer started this whole tapered vs non-tapered issue some years ago. However, he never bothered to look at the actual published specifications and the application. So, in fact, either tapered or non-tapered pipe threading works in the standard Crosman bulk fill application.

Thank you for confirming the amber liquid hasnt done its worst to my memory just yet