Thread: Crosman 111 bulk filling CO2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Baz, do you invert the extinguisher so you get liquid CO2 not just gas in the pistol, as the ones I have do not have siphon tubes. ?
    I experimented with CO2 filling a while ago as I wanted to adapt an extinguisher to fill my CO2 Webley Senior. I bought a CO2 regulator and valve from an aquarium supplies company, and, with Laurie's help, have now got both Sodastream and Extinguisher filling adaptors.
    I knew I had some old style full Sodastream bottles, but couldn't find them so got hold of a discarded new style Sodastream machine, and removed the valve assembly and lever which is perfect for filling pistols, as the inverted bottle just needs to be slightly pressed against a hard surface for the valve to operate.
    I have since found the old style bottles, so can still use the adaptor Laurie made for me to do a similar job, but the bottle has to be screwed into the adaptor to release the CO2.
    You do not have to invert the fire extinguisher it has a tube that runs down into the liquid CO2 and up to the valve , you are dispensing liquid that's why they need a diffuser cone fitted.(see Google pics). I don't see the need to bother with all this complicated equipment that people use. I filled my mates FWB model 2 last year and it is still shooting, just coming up to a refill. The only time I use something different is when I fill my Drulov Eagle and Condor as they have their own design connection. I fill their bottle from the fire extinguisher and then transfer from the bottle.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 18-11-2017 at 06:18 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD