Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 111 bulk filling CO2

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Baz, do you invert the extinguisher so you get liquid CO2 not just gas in the pistol, as the ones I have do not have siphon tubes. ?
    I experimented with CO2 filling a while ago as I wanted to adapt an extinguisher to fill my CO2 Webley Senior. I bought a CO2 regulator and valve from an aquarium supplies company, and, with Laurie's help, have now got both Sodastream and Extinguisher filling adaptors.
    I knew I had some old style full Sodastream bottles, but couldn't find them so got hold of a discarded new style Sodastream machine, and removed the valve assembly and lever which is perfect for filling pistols, as the inverted bottle just needs to be slightly pressed against a hard surface for the valve to operate.
    I have since found the old style bottles, so can still use the adaptor Laurie made for me to do a similar job, but the bottle has to be screwed into the adaptor to release the CO2.
    You do not have to invert the fire extinguisher it has a tube that runs down into the liquid CO2 and up to the valve , you are dispensing liquid that's why they need a diffuser cone fitted.(see Google pics). I don't see the need to bother with all this complicated equipment that people use. I filled my mates FWB model 2 last year and it is still shooting, just coming up to a refill. The only time I use something different is when I fill my Drulov Eagle and Condor as they have their own design connection. I fill their bottle from the fire extinguisher and then transfer from the bottle.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 18-11-2017 at 06:18 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thumbs up

Hi

I have an Archers bulk fill cap for a QB78, I tried it on the front of my Crosman 600 and it was screwing on nicely but then started catching the barrel, As I didn't want to mark the barrel I stopped, I may reduce the outside dia of the cap by a few thou then re knurl it and have an other go!!

As the QB/XS78 are based upon the Crosman 160 I thought the threads would most likely be the same!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

qb 78 uses a metric 22x1 thread and the 600 uses a 7/8x20 I think

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    Yes, QB guns are entirely metric. The 160 is entirely SAE.

MAC-1 tried to get them to go SAE but that just wasn't going to happen.

Yes, the Crosman is different, Crosman made a bulk fill adaptor to fit inside their standard cap (see pics). You can remove the circlip that is inside the cap and remove the piercer and fit the required valve. I have a range of adaptors for different CO2 shooters.

Baz

Last edited by Benelli B76; 19-11-2017 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Add pic

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Yes, the Crosman is different, Crosman made a bulk fill adaptor to fit inside their standard cap (see pics). You can remove the circlip that is inside the cap and remove the piercer and fit the required valve. I have a range of adaptors for different CO2 shooters.

Baz

I was told some time ago by someone that knows the fact that when he made and modified CO2 pistols for customers over the pond the commonly used threads were not parallel but were in fact TAPER. May be I got it wrong but thought to mention it

I have a Crosman 150 with a bulk fill cap.
    But it works fine with co2 cartridges too.

I bought my FWB co2 pistol from Baz.

To fill it you cool the cylinder in the freezer or let a bit of gas off to cool it.
    Then screw on the cylinder adapter and attach to the extinguisher -press handle to fill.
    Then weigh it to check full.
    If it is overfilled the gun won’t work until you release a bit of gas with the decanter screw.

Baz fills it for me which is very easy!
    I will do it myself next time!

The upside is that you get a huge amount of shoots from the slim FWB cylinder and it is an excellent gun.
    You also don’t need an expensive air tank.

a bulkfill head is something I've been planning on making for my 600 and maybe a tube extention and a longer barrel,remember seeing a nice one on another airgun blog

a bulkfill head is something I've been planning on making for my 600 and maybe a tube extention and a longer barrel,remember seeing a nice one on another airgun blog
    Lawrie Amatruda sold this one last week....

that's very nice and I think I've seen that somewhere else or one very like it
    beauty is that the mods can be done with no mods to the base 600

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    I was told some time ago by someone that knows the fact that when he made and modified CO2 pistols for customers over the pond the commonly used threads were not parallel but were in fact TAPER. May be I got it wrong but thought to mention it
    Crosman used the taper threading. Which goes against typical engineering since the non-tapered (parallel) threading would be called for. The trick is that tapered threading doesn't start tapering until after the point where the nozzle is secured on the gun. An amateur engineer started this whole tapered vs non-tapered issue some years ago. However, he never bothered to look at the actual published specifications and the application. So, in fact, either tapered or non-tapered pipe threading works in the standard Crosman bulk fill application.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    Crosman used the taper threading. Which goes against typical engineering since the non-tapered (parallel) threading would be called for. The trick is that tapered threading doesn't start tapering until after the point where the nozzle is secured on the gun. An amateur engineer started this whole tapered vs non-tapered issue some years ago. However, he never bothered to look at the actual published specifications and the application. So, in fact, either tapered or non-tapered pipe threading works in the standard Crosman bulk fill application.

Thank you for confirming the amber liquid hasnt done its worst to my memory just yet

that's very nice and I think I've seen that somewhere else or one very like it
    beauty is that the mods can be done with no mods to the base 600
    Lawrie has another different one he built himself.

Baz

I just knocked a bulk fill cap up for my 600 and a MK1 think i'll make a tube extension through the week if I still have some 7/8"seamless and get a 18"barrel from an xl machined to fit

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    Yes, QB guns are entirely metric. The 160 is entirely SAE.

MAC-1 tried to get them to go SAE but that just wasn't going to happen.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Cheers lads

Lawrie Amatruda sold this one last week....

This is (Or maybe was) one of Lawries 600's that he carbine-ised!

It's a beauty!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/