Thread: Butler Creek scope covers

Butler Creek scope covers

Back in 1990 I had a gun with Butler Creek covers on it and I have an urge to put some on my Sidewinder (6-24×56). The ocular piece is a perfect fit but the objective is inbetween sizes. The diameter of the tube is 64.1mm and the sizes available are 63.9mm or 65.4mm. Do I get the smaller size and risk it bulging thus possible problems closing the cover, or do I go for the larger one and pack the scope with insulation tape?
    If anyone has put Butler Creek covers on these scope their advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Gary.

'Multiflex'

Butler Creek do two sorts of covers - the standard stiff plastic version, or one called 'multiflex' from a slightly more malleable plastic, which I quite like as they seem to stand up to abuse more, and fit a larger range. The size 39-40 is for objective sizes 56.4 to 57.2, and should be nice and snug on the shade or objective bell.

I always go for the tighter fit, it's rubber, it stretches... Warm them up a little in your hands when fitting.

A quick blast with a hot air gun or even a hair dryer normally will take care of fitting one at the tighter end of the range.
    Regards,
    Dave.

I've gone and ordered the size 48. they are just over half a mm undersized but hopefully a little heat will sort that out.
    Thanks all.

I wont buy the. Now. They have a design fault where the front lens fractures at the hinge. Primarily because the moulding has a L 90 degree moulding which stress fractures where a radius J Would cure it.
    They aint cheap and this is an annoying issue. Every flip up Inhave bought has suffered the same fate and they wint address it probably because the remould will cost a lot of money.
    I buy other makes.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill