Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on Park RH93

Advice on Park RH93

Intending to strip, lube and service my recently acquired Park RH93 and perhaps bring the power up a bit.

Shooting at about 10 ft lb currently.

Anyone familiar with working on these please?

Simon

Thumbs up

No not me but you could try John Budd I think he's done one ...good luck
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    There's a post in the idiots strip guide about stripping them. It's post no. 134, I've just been reading it in preparation for stripping one myself.

I would like to know what can be done about replacing te seals though, if anyone knows sizes and fittings?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Yeah, they are fun

Making a dowel to take up the spring preload (in a spring compressor) before splitting the chain link thru the window in the trigger unit is imperative. Everything else is easy / obvious.

Tinners, I've forgotten the bore, but I'd be suprised if an simple o-ring head couldn't be made up to do the job
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Park 93

Dm80 as just don mine, shots really nice now. 11.5 fp
    [url]www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Any thoughts on getting the power up gents? Just preload the springs with washers ?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Any thoughts on getting the power up gents? Just preload the springs with washers ?
    If the seals are in good order then it may work. Alternatively replace them with something a little "springier"! What's the specs?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    If the seals are in good order then it may work. Alternatively replace them with something a little "springier"! What's the specs?
    Not opened it up yet Nick...only had it yesterday. Shoot lovely at 10 ft lb though but want a bit more..

Also I'm unsure as to whether I need to balance the two springs together? Not really sure how it all works as yet...

And no idea re spares and parts...

Also I'm unsure as to whether I need to balance the two springs together? Not really sure how it all works as yet...

And no idea re spares and parts...
    Specs are weird. Balance not needed as the chain does that, so long as the weaker does not overtake the stronger.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

That's good to know John, thanks for that.

Still not had time and space due to work to open it all up.

I notice lots of fiddly c clips on the pins, the type that go ping... I was going to make a sort of wooden pen with a grove in the tip for easing them out but open to suggestions...

I notice lots of fiddly c clips on the pins, the type that go ping... I was going to make a sort of wooden pen with a grove in the tip for easing them out but open to suggestions...
    Matchsticks are perfect for pushing off c-clips without damaging bluing

I serviced my first 'Park' mod 91 about a year ago and got loads of info over a few months, John being one of the very helpful ones, I did get loads of ''don't''; devils gun open it up and yee'l be cursed forever; don't ruin your reputation; etc etc, but thanks to John and several other members who were amazing with their responses, I did the service and it turned out fine. I even got to know the guy who bought the entire factory full of guns and parts. PM me your e mail address and I will let you have his contact details. I did a model 91 which is the same as the 93 but less the safety catch, the advice on the forum is for the 93, but I have made a more detailed set of notes; also there are variations in some mainspring diameters and not all springs and pistons are compatible. A spring compressor is pretty much a necessity, as are a couple of simple tools which make the job easier. My service produced almost 16 ft/lbs at first so I had to mod the mainspring set to go legal.
    I have to publicly and belatedly thank all the guys who helped me, although I did do this via phone and e mails, I think they deserve another vote of thanks.
    If I can be of any more help, e mail me at ray210645@yahoo.co.uk and I will gladly do what the other guys did for me and offer as much help as I can
    Regards
    abellringer

Email sent Ray.

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    I serviced my first 'Park' mod 91 about a year ago and got loads of info over a few months, John being one of the very helpful ones, I did get loads of ''don't''; devils gun open it up and yee'l be cursed forever; don't ruin your reputation; etc etc, but thanks to John and several other members who were amazing with their responses, I did the service and it turned out fine. I even got to know the guy who bought the entire factory full of guns and parts. PM me your e mail address and I will let you have his contact details. I did a model 91 which is the same as the 93 but less the safety catch, the advice on the forum is for the 93, but I have made a more detailed set of notes; also there are variations in some mainspring diameters and not all springs and pistons are compatible. A spring compressor is pretty much a necessity, as are a couple of simple tools which make the job easier. My service produced almost 16 ft/lbs at first so I had to mod the mainspring set to go legal.
    I have to publicly and belatedly thank all the guys who helped me, although I did do this via phone and e mails, I think they deserve another vote of thanks.
    If I can be of any more help, e mail me at ray210645@yahoo.co.uk and I will gladly do what the other guys did for me and offer as much help as I can
    Regards
    abellringer
    It sounds as if you are now an authority on the Park rifles. Any chance you could put your notes into a forum post form and post them here to provide a resource for other owners?
    Cheers, Phil