Thread: HW75 nearly new getting 310 FPS in .177

HW75 nearly new getting 310 FPS in .177

I Recently got a HW75 less than a year and only half a tin of pellets through it. Great gun and very accurate, only problem is it is only pushing a 7gr pellet out at 310 fps is this normal as Ive heard it should be around the 400 mark. Any ideas out there
    Now's the time to enjoy oneself

400 would be nice.

310 sounds too low for punching clean holes in a match card.

My '75 was doing 375 fps (2.50 fpe) with Bisley Practice pellets.

That's too low. I had a 75 and it cut clean holes, I did not have a chrony at the time. But it should at least match it's less expensenive sibbling the HW40 which I have Chronied, one was putting out 390 fps average and the other 360 fps average with 7gn Hobby & Geco.

First thing to check is the breach seal/barrel, sometimes one or both need adjustment to obtain the optimum seal. After that consider the main pistol seal. Have you lubricated the piston seal since you bought it (check out the HW75 manual on line).

I have had a similar problem as this and I contacted Weihrauch explaining that my HW40 is more powerful than my new 75. This is there email reply: Dear Mr. Bradford,

we refer to your e-mail of 16.10.2017 and we have read with interest that you own some of our models.

If it's the same caliber it should have the approximately same power level.

If the HW 75 is brand new you should shoot 500-1000 shots before the pistol reach the full power level.

But whenever you're not satisfied please feel free to contact your Weihrauch dealer.

Best regards

Thilo Schallenkammer

I have since put a couple of hundred more pellets through the pistol and to be fair things seem to be loosening up. Unfortunately I have no chrono to measure the power output but looking at purchasing one in the next couple of weeks. I will let you know the results of mine. Also in a previous discussion about this on here a couple of months ago someone was saying that the new 75 has less power than the older model. Very bizarre if you ask me.
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 17-11-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Good Gun needs work by the sound of it
    Last edited by clarky; 17-11-2017 at 09:18 PM. Reason: posted twice by accident

Quote Originally Posted by Airways View Post
    I Recently got a HW75 less than a year and only half a tin of pellets through it. Great gun and very accurate, only problem is it is only pushing a 7gr pellet out at 310 fps is this normal as Ive heard it should be around the 400 mark. Any ideas out there
    I can tune and tweak them into 400 fps territory if required.
    Its a good gun, better than a 45 but requires careful tinkering. Everything is right on the edge of things with these but the 400 fps plus is at least locked up in the gun ..unlike many other models ..its just knowing how to release it.
    Pm me if required

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I have had a similar problem as this and I contacted Weihrauch explaining that my HW40 is more powerful than my new 75. This is there email reply: Dear Mr. Bradford,

we refer to your e-mail of 16.10.2017 and we have read with interest that you own some of our models.

If it's the same caliber it should have the approximately same power level.

If the HW 75 is brand new you should shoot 500-1000 shots before the pistol reach the full power level.

But whenever you're not satisfied please feel free to contact your Weihrauch dealer.

Best regards

Thilo Schallenkammer

I have since put a couple of hundred more pellets through the pistol and to be fair things seem to be loosening up. Unfortunately I have no chrono to measure the power output but looking at purchasing one in the next couple of weeks. I will let you know the results of mine. Also in a previous discussion about this on here a couple of months ago someone was saying that the new 75 has less power than the older model. Very bizarre if you ask me.
    Thanks for that i sure will be using it and have shot some good groupings with it. not sure what has to loosen up though
    Now's the time to enjoy oneself

I would be very unhappy with 310 fps in a .177 pistol. I had a similar problem with my FAS 604 shooting well below 400 fps. I changed all the O rings including the tiny hidden one in the valve and it improved immediately and has actually got gradually more improved over time. If your pistol is not leaking out after a period of time after charging it probably only needs a replacement pump seal which will be the simplest option to try.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD