Thread: Springer Tuning Projects.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Other than dropping the power on my nicely tuned Diana 280 I'm stuck for a springer project myself.
    The 280 has been done for about a year and nicely bedded in now so need to lose a little preload. Smooth as silk to cock and very little recoil.
    I'm currently searching for another 280 to have a real set to on.
    Maybe an xocet if one crosses my path or a longbow.
    I feel I've done most of the HW stable to death
    Brum Webleys are a noble quest !

Wish you well, great guns !
    “An airgun or two”………

My Paul Short HW97 is now finished. I had already upgraded it to include the titanium piston, but recently, Paul made one of his inlet steel rear guides that is actually attached to the trigger block. I also left an australian red seal for him to fit while he had the gun apart. He also jewelled the comp tube, treated it to new scrws and screw cups and fitted one of his lovely brass set back triggers. So now it is as bautiful on the outside as it is on the inside. It shoots superbly!
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Got a supersport carbine that needs stripping and sorting as its well down on power and need to get a plan together on the eclipse as its a great gun but mega twangy so something is not right in there and needs smoothing out.
    I go have a couple of pcp's that have my attention at the moment though oh and i need to do some welding on a old tracker thats falling apart!

Should keep me busy till christmas.

These as soon as poss.
    Up to our necks in Poppy cash count at the mo'

Just half an hour ago I chronoed a totally stock standard TXHC and it was doing 778 - 781 for over 30 shots.
    I did have plans to shove a good few internal mods into it but now I’m reconsidering that...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Just half an hour ago I chronoed a totally stock standard TXHC and it was doing 778 - 781 for over 30 shots.
    I did have plans to shove a good few internal mods into it but now I’m reconsidering that...
    Mmm....tricky one that, young Craig.

On the one hand there's that old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", and all that. Maybe, maybe, give it a thorough workout in a variety of scenarios and see how you feel re accuracy / hold sensitivity.

But, then, simply fitting a lighter top hat does seem to improve the cycle significantly, although (especially with the HC) you'll need to up the preload a fair bit. Gives you the opportunity to check, polish and re-lube, too.

Or, having seen how impressed you've been with Nick's, Charlie's and Jon's reduced bore wonders, were you considering something a little more "involved"?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Mmm....tricky one that, young Craig.

On the one hand there's that old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", and all that. Maybe, maybe, give it a thorough workout in a variety of scenarios and see how you feel re accuracy / hold sensitivity.

But, then, simply fitting a lighter top hat does seem to improve the cycle significantly, although (especially with the HC) you'll need to up the preload a fair bit. Gives you the opportunity to check, polish and re-lube, too.

Or, having seen how impressed you've been with Nick's, Charlie's and Jon's reduced bore wonders, were you considering something a little more "involved"?
    Exactly mate. Choices are a full 22mm reduction or a lightened OEM piston with HW seal.
    Or just leave it as is, enjoy it for what it is and avoid having yet another rifle in pieces for around six months whilst I ‘find time to do it’..
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation