Thread: Springer Tuning Projects.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Maybe they could have got the 280 to the same standard but the 34 is time tested and shoots effortless also a better stock and a thicker barrel. The 280 is a fine little springer but a nicely set up 34 is a hard break barrel to beat and I think you know that really
    Hi Barry, re: the 280 barrels. I have 3 here and 2 are 16mm. One of my K's has a 15mm barrel. The other K and the pro compact are 16mm
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Hi Barry, re: the 280 barrels. I have 3 here and 2 are 16mm. One of my K's has a 15mm barrel. The other K and the pro compact are 16mm
    The 28 and 280 were always 7/8th scale 34's. I would agree with the post above in that they are neither superior to the 34, just different. I do contend that as far as .177 calibre Diana's go , I would have the 34, but in .22 I would be happy with either (standard guns).
    I do not think the stocks are inferior, either, but saying that the ambi "hump" on the 280 is a bit of an acquired taste on the eyeballs. The basic non -stippled 280 Classic is still a nice looking, if plain, gun.