Thread: Springer Tuning Projects.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just finished sorting a mild tune on the Vulcan i got at the bash i saw you at this year it cost me £40 and had been on the table 6 times !!
    It was the worst, sounding springer i have ever shot.
    Its come out really nice new breach washer, piston seal, spring set of guides and i have been attempting to sorry the trigger out but not had chance to see if its, done the the job yet.
    The spring i used fitted the inside of the piston exactly when compressed and i ordered the guides i little bit too big so had to make them fit perfectly .
    End result its probably the best tune i have done so very happy .
    I polished the trigger sears and cut down the trigger spring the other night its got rid, of the notch y feel but not sure that's,a good thing yet ,i was, able to use, the bitchy feel to predict when the trigger might let go .
    I also got my 35 at least on the edge of accurate in the end by re crowning both ends of c the barrel and new shims but just can't get that feeling that the 35 is,a wrong 80 in some way out of my head so i have a buyer lined up for it now.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Not a "full-on" tune Tony but I'm tarting up a recently acquired FWB 300SU Southpaw !
    Chuffed to bitz the fact I've found one Cack-Handed !
    Very attractive walnut handle too and will sit well with my 300S, also a lefty !

You will no doubt remember that its all your fault I ended up chasing these great airguns in the first place !
    “An airgun or two”………

Just taken the internals out of my TX200 Mk1 and put them in my TX200HC if that counts....
    Seems OK at 10.5 ft-lb. Only had a chance to test at 20 yards so far though. Groups are the same as before with the mk3 internals. Need to do a bit of pellet testing at longer range to see if I can gain anything. Otherwise its going back to how it was.

This is my HFT gun so not too fussed about how it feels, just where the pellets end up