Thread: Springer Tuning Projects.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    On the power subject.
    My pro compact full length has been tuned down to 10.6 with express and domes are 9-9.5 easy to cock
    the first K I bought is doing 11.2 with superdomes and just marginally less with express. I think its over sprung.
    The second K i have is a sandwell one. Producing 11.7 with express and 11 with superdome. Cocking is easy.

If yours is reading highest with superdome I'd think that its also oversprung and cocking effort could be reduced
    You could be right, I have contemplated chopping a bit off the spring for that very reason but was bothered about it just reducing the power and being left with a spring that was too short! I added weight back into the piston via a brass top hat and washers, it shoots nice enough though I cant stop the spring from twanging totally despite having tight fitting guides and piston sleeve. Might be a twangy spring or could be a bouncy piston. I may try a different spring one day but all I have in my spring stash are various cut down titan no.1's which all seem to stiff when in and definitely over spring the action. I like the Dianas though and they are usually what I reach for when I want a shot these days.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    You could be right, I have contemplated chopping a bit off the spring for that very reason but was bothered about it just reducing the power and being left with a spring that was too short! I added weight back into the piston via a brass top hat and washers, it shoots nice enough though I cant stop the spring from twanging totally despite having tight fitting guides and piston sleeve. Might be a twangy spring or could be a bouncy piston. I may try a different spring one day but all I have in my spring stash are various cut down titan no.1's which all seem to stiff when in and definitely over spring the action. I like the Dianas though and they are usually what I reach for when I want a shot these days.
    Just dropped a 4mm preload washer out of this what I was thought over sprung K. Now doing 11.2 with Express. Not tested domes yet. I have to chop spring now which has compressed coils both ends. Easier to cock and will be even easier yet when sorted. Power will still rise with express.
    B.A.S.C. member

Just dropped a 4mm preload washer out of this what I was thought over sprung K. Now doing 11.2 with Express. Not tested domes yet. I have to chop spring now which has compressed coils both ends. Easier to cock and will be even easier yet when sorted. Power will still rise with express.

Hmm, might have give my spring the chop then! Currently it's the factory item but with the extra preload of the top hat and thrust washer.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hmm, might have give my spring the chop then! Currently it's the factory item but with the extra preload of the top hat and thrust washer.
    Steady as you go Max.
    My goals are not necessarily yours.
    I purposely set my springers as I do to be more efficient with express. Check accuracy with express before you chop.
    And if you do, chop carefully. You end up in fine territory with a very small amount of change making a big difference.

On another note. The seal in this 280 is black. I thought they were all blue. So thats me corrected
    B.A.S.C. member

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

On another note. The seal in this 280 is black. I thought they were all blue. So thats me corrected
    Vortek
    http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/Diana_Piston_Seal

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Yep thats the one.
    thanks
    B.A.S.C. member