Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Springer Tuning Projects.

34 pistons have those indentations and can be just as out of round as the 280's. Not sure about the latest ones nor early 34's as my 88 and 2016 models have not yet been apart

When did Steyr buy Diana? I am aware they were bought over a few years ago but didnt think it was Steyr.
    Last edited by Drew451; 04-12-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    34 pistons have those indentations and can be just as out of round as the 280's. Not sure about the latest ones nor early 34's as my 88 and 2016 models have not yet been apart

When did Steyr buy Diana? I am aware they were bought over a few years ago but didnt think it was Steyr.
    Steyr took over 18 months ago and the 34 does not have an out of round piston, indeed the quality of the internals is beyond words. Huge improvement in quality and hardness.
    The 34 is now an outstanding rifle better than HW offerings of similar spec.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Steyr took over 18 months ago and the 34 does not have an out of round piston, indeed the quality of the internals is beyond words. Huge improvement in quality and hardness.
    Im glad we agree on the merits of 34 and its superiority to the competition.
    I recall a takeover by German Sport Guns, owners of Blaser among other marques, in the fairly recent past but no link to Steyr.

I hope my 2016 built 34P's piston is indeed perfectly round but this wasnt always the case.

https://targettune.wordpress.com/

I recall a takeover by German Sport Guns, owners of Blaser among other marques, in the fairly recent past but no link to Steyr.

I hope my 2016 built 34P's piston is indeed perfectly round but this wasnt always the case.

Yes Steyr own them now ....the piston wasnt out of true on the new Premium but just as well as the thing is now very hard.
    There is a definate raise in the quality of the internals and the groups from this thing have taken me by suprise ....

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post

Good news if quality has improved.

I too recall the take over 3 years ago by GSG, but don't recall Steyr being involved.