Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Springer Tuning Projects.

Recently finished a MK1 HW80 in .25. Loads of molly grease & a humungus OX spring. Currently on loan to Dr Who for wanging Daleks around the galaxy.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

I have now fitted the nice new guide which Mr TB made (to the original Walther pattern) to my Nick G tuned LGU, which is now shooting as nicely and more accurately than it has ever done. The thing that has always bugged me though is the clumsy stock, which doesn't fit and doesn't feel right in any way -so- I now have sitting on my bench a beautiful new Warren Edwards walnut sporter stock (ever the ancient reactionary, the old ones are always best) which I have garnished with a pistol grip cap and have just given its first coat of oil. Another month or so of more coats and sanding, and by Christmas it should make the LGU as good a gun as a man could wish for.

Has the forum stopped people sharing tuning information?
    Or stopped the shed tuners from sharing ? Banned or is Mr Tinbum joshing again

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    I have now fitted the nice new guide which Mr TB made (to the original Walther pattern) to my Nick G tuned LGU, which is now shooting as nicely and more accurately than it has ever done. The thing that has always bugged me though is the clumsy stock, which doesn't fit and doesn't feel right in any way -so- I now have sitting on my bench a beautiful new Warren Edwards walnut sporter stock (ever the ancient reactionary, the old ones are always best) which I have garnished with a pistol grip cap and have just given its first coat of oil. Another month or so of more coats and sanding, and by Christmas it should make the LGU as good a gun as a man could wish for.
    Be very interested to see that stock if you're at the next Spring Bash !!
    That's the sort of thing I'd go for as well !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by prosport.177 View Post
    Has the forum stopped people sharing tuning information?
    Or stopped the shed tuners from sharing ? Banned or is Mr Tinbum joshing again
    He's being silly, Charlie.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I made an o-ring piston head for my Bonehill Britiania. And put a diana 28mm poly seal into a BSA "L" which now gives nearly 7Fp on a weedy TX200 mk3 spring.. technology has moved on slightly in 100 years
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Be very interested to see that stock if you're at the next Spring Bash !!
    That's the sort of thing I'd go for as well !
    All being well, it will be there, with me happily pointing it at the bucket.
    Last edited by Vernal; 18-11-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: spelling!

Recently got back into my Springers and got myself a nice walnut stocked prosport in .177 , took it out for the first time today and after a session on targets took it for a wander around the fields . Bagged a nice 30yard magpie .
    Not sure how the firing cycle of the prosport is supposed to be , but this one has apparently been short stroked and feels snappy ,it does 11.4 ft/1b's with 8.4 grain JSB's . Im more than happy with its performance

Mike a couple of pics below

https://image.ibb.co/jbTBk6/image.jpg
    https://image.ibb.co/kfuj56/image.jpg
    Last edited by game getter; 18-11-2017 at 04:29 PM.

done a HW 95, 97, 80 in the past , fairly straight forward ..but best fun was with a cometa fenix 400s.. main spring , guide , top hat , delrin washers , polish and trigger fettle .. it shot as well as a venom lazaglide I used to own .. was really impressed.

At the mo my son in law as a Remington Tyrant break barrel ( made in china ). shoots kinds ok but with work could be good..
    I cant identify what brand /make the rifle is , as its just a rebadge. Think tuning kit etc would really improve it , but which one???
    Any one got any ideas

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    done a HW 95, 97, 80 in the past , fairly straight forward ..but best fun was with a cometa fenix 400s.. main spring , guide , top hat , delrin washers , polish and trigger fettle .. it shot as well as a venom lazaglide I used to own .. was really impressed.

At the mo my son in law as a Remington Tyrant break barrel ( made in china ). shoots kinds ok but with work could be good..
    I cant identify what brand /make the rifle is , as its just a rebadge. Think tuning kit etc would really improve it , but which one???
    Any one got any ideas
    Kits for the Diana 31/34 fit.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Embarking on a rejuvenation of my Dad’s old BSA Mercury. The aim is to convert it into my wife’s gun into a 10th anniversary gift. She doesn’t shoot much but mentioned off hand that perhaps she should have a gun of her own. She’s not tall so my full size rifles to too big.

I’ve just cleaned up the piston and stock taken the parts I have and I’m eager to get going on it. Needs quite a bit of work.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Kits for the Diana 31/34 fit.
    cool - do you do that kit mate ??.

TB - just to clarify

The Remington tyrant as a plastic end cap on back of action and but a manual safety in front of the trigger , its not like the Remington express , or hammerli 800.
    cheap little gun but handles really well and dead pointable

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    cool - do you do that kit mate ??.

TB - just to clarify

The Remington tyrant as a plastic end cap on back of action and but a manual safety in front of the trigger , its not like the Remington express , or hammerli 800.
    cheap little gun but handles really well and dead pointable
    The best thing would be open it and send a pic of the interaction between the guide and trigger block just to be sure.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Project

Next one for me...A webley Stingray MK1 in .25 cal. Mach 1.5

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    All being well, it will be there, with me happily pointing it at the bucket.
    Look forward to seeing it !
    “An airgun or two”………